Sunday, January 22, 2017

RIP Sweet Birdie

January 22, 2017

Good morning.  Today is cloudy, and I think we're in for a day or two of rain.  My right hand is hurting so bad this morning, so I hope you'll understand if I don't write very much today.  Once the rain gets here, most of the hurt will go away.  It's called arthritis.

Yesterday morning I got quite a shock when I got up and looked outside.  There were birdie feathers everywhere.  They were all over my car and on the ground all along the side of my car.  Here's a couple photos that Joe took of the scene before he cleaned most of it up.



Pogo and I must have been sound asleep because we never heard a sound when this happened.  It saddens me, but now I know why I haven't seen very many little birds lately.  Hopefully, this predator will move on to a different neighborhood soon.

I probably won't be working much on my taxes today because there is a lot of writing involved.  Maybe I'll just use the day to watch TV and read.  At least until my hand stops hurting.  I won't be able to do much crocheting either.  That's a shame because I picked up a new color yarn yesterday and started a new scarf with it.  Actually, I got enough yarn to make a matching hat.  I'll take a photo when it is finished.

Well, it's getting difficult to type, so I'll take my leave here.  Till tomorrow folks, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Edna,
So sorry and sad to hear of the little birdie. Yes you have a predator and the only way to get him to move on is to stop feeding your birdies for about a week. I know that sounds harsh but as long as there is food around he/she will be around as well.

Our New First Lady is very gorgeous. Of course you know my opinion on our new President so I will not repeat it here, only to say that we have to come to terms with what is and try to unite as best as we can. I of course will be watching along with the rest of the world hoping and praying for a wonderful term for our country and the world.

I got over the virus, made my trip home and took care of some legal matters then spent the night with my sister. It was good to see them and the kids and that baby is just so happy and such a chunky little guy.

I am so very sorry to hear that your in pain. I hope that it subsides when the rain arrives. It is turning cold and very windy here. I have been worrying a bit over the weather as California is really in for it right now and my daughter is of course stuck in the middle of it but I talked to her and she said that they are tucked in at home and have all they need so I am thankful to hear that they are not going to be out in it.

I am going to work on my blog right now. I have some things that I have to get off of my chest so it will not be all pleasant but I need a place to vent right now. If you want to skip it I totally understand!!!

Much love to you and Pogo from Cisco and Beth

smiekeltje said...

Sorry you have such a trouble with your hand because of the arthritis. Hope it soon will go away.
What a shame of that little birdie! it is nature, but not always pleasant to see.
Do you have any idea what predator it is?
Weather here still about the same, 3-4C daytime, at night 3-6(in the east)C night.
Our tiny pond is almost completely frozen, but still has some water in it and there are sitting two or may be 3 frogs, waiting for spring to come LOL.
Have a lovely day,
Hug
Kyra