Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!!

October 31, 2016

Good morning.  Goodness, it feels like I've been up for hours, but I've really only been up for a couple of hours.  Pogo decided at 4:30 this morning that he wanted his breakfast.  I decided that I did not want to get up so I said "no, not now" and went back to sleep.  He wasn't very happy with me but he crawled back onto his chair and went to sleep too. 

I wasn't really able to get back into a nice sleep, so at six o'clock I decided to get up and make breakfast.  Then I had time to play on my computer for a while.  This afternoon though, I really do have to take a nice nap because tonight Pogo and I will be riding through the night with lots of our friends. 

It's Halloween, a time for all our young trick or treaters to go haunting for candy, and for us gals to gather for our annual ride.


I've put a nice warm fleece lining into Pogo's Halloween sweater so that he will be nice and cozy.  He also has a heater pad inside his car seat.  Hee hee hee, all the comforts for my little Pogo.  For myself, I have nice warm snuggies beneath my dress to keep me warm.  My trusty broom is rested and ready to go. 

This year we'll be meeting up with everyone in the George Washington & Jefferson Forest in West Virginia, in a beautiful clearing not far from the Virginia state line.  We'll have time to visit and chat with everyone before we all ride off into the night.  So keep a watchful eye tonight, you just may get a glimpse of Pogo and me.


Pogo and I have a busy morning ahead of us.  We'll be going out in a while to do a couple errands. Then I have to do a load of laundry and maybe give the vacuum a turn around the floor.  After that, it will be nap time.  Woo Hoo!!

On that happy note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Happy Halloween everybody.  Y'all have a splendid day!  (and night!)

Hugs, Edna B.

p.s. Minion image courtesy of the web (Google)

2 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Well, I had to come over and catch you before you flew off into the wild black yonder of Halloween Night. Izzi and I will be on the lookout for you for sure. It is usually pretty quiet around here. We don't seem to get many trick or treaters. That is probably a good thing because Izzi thinks she has to warn us of danger every time a stranger comes to the door ... and strangers dressed as goblins, well that is a very serious invasion of her property. FH and I will try to watch a movie, but it is unlikely we will get through it without interruption.

Not much new to talk about. I think I told you already that I had cataract surgery on one eye and will have the other eye done on Election day ... thank goodness, something to distract my attention for the crazy Donald Trump people. We have already voted in our house so we don't have to go out and stand in long lines with the Trump election police looking over our shoulder.

Izzi had another set back ... we think she must have slipped on our hardwood floors and messed up her leg. She is on complete rest for awhile ... no walks except to go out for potty. She seems better today, so fingers crossed. We had put throw rugs out all through the house so she wouldn't slip again, but from where we were sitting, it sounded like something startled her and she was trying to run and slipped. Probably a critter on the deck. But, next time we saw her walking she was not putting any weight on her leg ... Ugh. So that's my news for the day. Have a safe flight tonight. Glad you and Pogo will be all bundled because it seems to be staying pretty cold and I would imagine it is even colder at the high altitudes. Love to Pogo ... Safe travels !

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

You did prepare yourself and Pogo well for the nightflight in rather cold air.
Hope you had a nice gathering in the woods and a good flight after.
We were looking out for you, and I think I may have spotted you in a flash. LOL
Pogo should be nicer to you and not wake you up when he wants a little somethng to eat He could take example of our Brodski.
Brodski comes into the kitchen at a rather early time, but can sit there for a while, just waiting for me. When I don't come, he will go outside or into the room again to take another nap. And when I wake up he is ever so happy to see me and then he gets something to eat. I do spot him sometimes in front of our bedroom door.
Funny, how our pets can act at times.
Hope you arrived well and safe again home after the flight. Now you can clean the broom and put it away for next year.
Have a wonderful day,
Hug
Kyra