Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Sun Is Shining And It's A Good Life

May 20, 2014

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it's going to be another beautiful day.  However, it is cold in my house.  Gosh, I do not like the cold!!  The sun gets to shining on my part of the house later this morning.  So until then, I will have to wrap Mr. Pogo and myself up in warm clothes. 

For me there is a nice long fuzzy bathrobe, and for Pogo we have a hooded sweater.  I'm terrible, I know it.  When I am cold, Pogo has to wear warm clothes.  When I am warm, he can wear his light weight shirts, and when I am hot, he can go naked.  It makes perfect sense to me.

Yesterday was a nice lazy day for me.  After breakfast Pogo and I played a while, then it was nap time for the mommy.  Later in the afternoon, dwarf Helen and Joe and I were having some fun peeling and cutting up three huge butternut squashes.  I cooked some of the squash up, and oh my was it ever delicious!

Today is looking like another quiet day.  Except for maybe running the vacuum cleaner and a few swipes with the dust cloth, I think most of my day will be spent crocheting and watching Law & Order re-runs.  That's the plan until Joe gets home from work, and then we will go shopping for veggie plants for our garden.

All my life I have been busy, busy, busy.  At one time in my younger days, I was able to hold down three jobs, keep up my home and family and fit in a social life.  All at one time.  But that is the beauty of youth.  Now I have reached a stage in my life where getting to spend lazy days crocheting, watching TV, cuddling with my little dog and taking photos makes for pretty exciting days.  It's a good life. 

Speaking of taking photos, I have some that I took of my flowers to share.  Most of the daffodils and tulips have passed by, but there are still a few stragglers.



 
The new rose plants each have a bloom so today I will take some photos of them to share.  I also need to finish putting down the new grass seed.  Joe tells me that SIL Eddie dropped off the seed spreader so I will try using it.  We were going to put out the lawn furniture too, but I think maybe we should wait a few more days to give the grass seed a chance to grow.
 
Now it's time to get dressed and start this new beautiful day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

What a difference a little sunshine makes! I went for a walk today because it was warm enough to do so, and it wasn't raining...completely changed my mood.
My grandmother used to use the same approach to dressing me, if she was cold I had to wear a sweater, so your system makes sense to me.
Lovely daffodils - have a good sunshiney day today!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh I long for a day when I could sit and watch TV and knit. I don't see anything like that in my near future. I do enjoy being busy, up to a point. But, when I have to go from one thing to the next, to the next, to the nest ... that makes me tired. Lucky you :)

I don't have to worry about dressing Izzi ... She wears a coat all of the time so she is much happier in the winter than in the summer. She is taking off a little weight and I think it is helping her not be so uncomfortable in the heat ... thoght lucky for her, we havsen't had much in the way of "heat". We have had some nice days (60's 70's) though and I am all for that.

Your garden seems to be shaping up nicely. Your pictures are lovely and I can't wait to see the new Rose Bushes. I have to head off downtown (dentist) again today so I am going to miss being able to be out in the sunshine today ... but I am reading a creepy book that has me by the throat, so I will enjoy the reading time. You and Pogo enjoy your beautiful weather. Be well my frind...

Andrea @ From the Sol

LV said...

I always feel better if the sun is shining. I think the flowers do as well. Thanks so much for visiting.

smiekeltje said...

Love those daffodils!
And what's wrong with lazy days??? I think nothing LOL!
Know what you mean, that when we were(much)younger we were ablle to squeeze a lot of things in one day.
And of cxourse it's always good to have something to do, but it's also wonderful that we can change plans, because we don;t feel up to do this or that on a day, so lots of things can be done on another day.
And still it seems (sometimes) that we have lots to do and a day hasn;t enough time in it.
Think our priorities have changed a bit.
Shopping veggies for the garden? Great!
What will you choose? Probably some tomatoes? But some beans are great too, and may be some salad? Couple of herbs? Of course there are lots more tofind, that aren;t difficult to grow yourself. So curious to hear what you come up with.
You anjoy a wonderful easy-peasy day!
Hug
Kyra