Sunday, May 11, 2014

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

May 11, 2014

Good morning on this beautiful....er, gray and soggy morning.  The weather man says it is going to clear up and be a gorgeous, yet cloudy, day.  At least it is warm.  I'll take soggy warm over snowy cold and be quite happy. 

It's Mother's Day, and I want to wish all you Mothers and non-Mothers a fabulously happy day.  Even though it is gray and wet outside, the birds are happily chirping in the trees and bushes.  I don't know about you, but I love to start my day listening to birds chirping.

Today would be a great day to give someone a "just because" hug.  It's a great day to smile at a strange lady and wish her a beautiful Mother's Day.  The strange person will be happy and you'll feel good. 

Here's a layout that I made several years ago (May 2008) of my brother and I and our Mother.  Amazing how old folks used to be little kids too!


Speaking of feeling good, now I can tell you who I mailed the green afghan to.  There's a really nice lady in Ohio who is such an inspiration to everyone.  Though she struggles daily with MS, she spends a lot of her time researching this disease so that she can inform and help others with MS.  Through all of this, she has a wicked beautiful smile and an upbeat attitude.   Did I mention that she is also a cat mommy?  You can check her blog at http://chroniclesofnani.blogspot.com

The blue afghan has less than twenty five rows left to finish, and I've started working on a raspberry colored one.  I think I'd also like to do one with red, white and blue.  I may have to make a small one for Pogo too because he really seems to like them.  He snuggles on my lap underneath the afghan as I'm working on it. 

Yesterday I took a few photos of the blossoms on our cherry blossom tree, some of my yard decorations that Audrey and Deanne got for me.  The big blue solar butterfly arrived yesterday in a big box that had "Duck Bodies" written on the outside.  Alas, there were no duck bodies inside the box.  Just lots of plastic bubble wrap and a gorgeous blue butterfly.

Deanne brought me the pink and yellow solar tulips and the happy green frog.  Everything looks so pretty in amongst the flowers.  Last night, after dark, Joe sent me a text with a photo of the butterfly lit up.







As I sit here typing, the Mrs is snoring away, and the sky is changing from gray to a pretty light blue.   The rain has stopped and it is clearing up.  As you can  tell, I'm still at work, but will soon be packing up my things and heading on home. 

Last night was simply horrid.  The Mrs seems to get nastier and nastier.   She had an open wound on her leg and I went looking for some antibiotic ointment and bandaging.  There was no ointment to be found, but she insisted it was there and that I was just an ugly bastard who couldn't see what was right in front of my face.  I am supposed to work again tonight, but I have a wicked headache this morning, so I may just call out sick.  Maybe she'll be in a better mood next weekend.

Well, that's my news for this morning.  Happy Mother's Day everyone.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful happy day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Edna. . .enjoy the day with your family and with your dwarf family as well. Huggs.Donna

Nani said...

Thank you again (And again and again) for my afghan! I am so blessed to have such loving and wonderful friends, Edna!

Sorry to hear about the Mrs being so cantankerous. :( You're a saint to still be there for her when so many are walking out. (But no one could blame you if you eventually follow suit!)

I want to wish you a very happy Mothers Day (and dog-moms day too) from all four of us in Toledo!

Hugs, Nani

Edna B said...

You so welcome Nani!! Happy kitty Mom's day to you too!! Hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and also happy doggy mommy day too! You are so very sweet to send your beautiful afghan to Nani, I see she really does love it. I bet Pogo would love a small one to snuggle under this winter. The Red/White/Blue one sounds so pretty and patriotic! So happy you enjoy doing them and then gifting them to others to appreciate.
So sorry you are having to take the verbal abuse of the MRS. She no longer understands how lucky she is to have someone to take care of her. I know it has to be taxing on your stress level though and even though you know she is ill...it still rankles when she is abusive. (you are a saint I think)
I've lazed around and loved on kitty cats all day, so I think I must get up and do something, this feels illegal! Love the photos and your butterfly is a lot larger than mine...I got a butterfly, a dragonfly, a flower and a hummingbird to put in my garden that is solar and changes colors all night long, but they are about one fourth the size of yours....LOL!
Have a terrific rest of the day and enjoy yourself. Chat more later, Hugs, Mat

smiekeltje said...

Lovely photos, specially the cherry blossom!
It's nice, that slowly our gardens are filling up with blooms of all kind, isn;t it?
Your solar lamps are great too!
sorry about the bad behaviour of the Mrs. It seems to be happening more often lately, and though one knows she is old and ill, still it isn;t a nice working surrounding! I cannot blame you to call in sick, if you already have a headache!
I bet Nani was happy with her afghan. It is such a happy color! So sweet of you to send the result of your "labour"to her!
But I know you are a very nice lady with a big heart!
Have a great day, oh and happy belated Mothers day too!
Hugs
Kyra