Friday, May 30, 2014

Gosh, What Strange Spring Weather!

May 30, 2014

Good morning.  Well, I made it through another night at work.  The Mrs started out okay, but as the night went on, she became more of her wicked self until she was finally  tucked into bed.  However, it is morning now and I'm at home with Pogo and all is well.

I'm trying to catch the weather report to see if it is going to warm up today.  Right now, the sun is shining but it is quite cool (51 F degrees)  It is supposed to get up to about 70F with rain this afternoon, and drop back down to 48F overnight with more rain.   Tomorrow is only supposed to get up to about 61F degrees with rain. 

The good news is that Sunday and Monday are supposed to be warm and sunny.  And no rain for either day!!!!!  Perhaps we'll get to sit out in the yard this weekend after all.  We've been hoping to have a barbeque, but by the time all of us can get together, the weather turns cold and wet.  What a strange Spring we've been having this year.

Last night, I was able to put a few more rows on the raspberry afghan.  Tonight, I'm hoping to finish the red, white and blue one.  I think when I finish the raspberry afghan and the brown afghan, I might try a different pattern for a while.  At least for just one afghan.  The pattern I'm using is really nice, and it's easy, but after so many afghans it gets boring.

I have a couple of scarfs to finish.  Maybe I'll work on them this weekend for a change of pace.  Plus I have that knitted pink think to finish.  That one has been taking me a while to do, and I'll probably be close to 80 when it is finished.  lol.

Yesterday I took more photos of my purple rose bush.  It may be a small plant, but oh my the blooms are big and gorgeous!


After the sun went down last evening, I took a photo of the Mrs' magenta rhododendrons.  They are just beautiful.


My rhodies have large buds on them, but they aren't ready to blossom yet.  For some reason,  my flowers always seem to blossom a couple of weeks after the Mrs' flowers.  I wonder if maybe the reason might be because of all the tall trees here.  Hmmmm.

My granddaughter Jasmine has been invited by another local theatre group to audition with them for a part in their new production, Bye Bye BIrdie.   Jazzy's audition is tomorrow morning  at 9:15.  Good luck Jazzy!

Her brother Kevin has joined a new baseball team, this one for 16 to 23 year olds.  This will be good for him because he is a very good player and needs the challenge of playing with the older guys.  (He is 16.)   I'm looking forward to going to some of his games.

The dust bunnies and I have been doing a bit of negotiating.  So far, they are willing to have fifteen families move out later today, and another fifteen families will move out over the weekend.  It's not a lot, but it's a start. 

Well, that's my news for today.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: