Thursday, May 17, 2012

Yeah! The Sunshine Is Back!

May 17, 2012

Oh what a gorgeous morning we have today.  The sun is shining and it's going to be in the 70's.  I think I heard that it's supposed to be like this for the next few days.  Eddie said that he will be here this morning to put in the door screens.  I was going to do it myself earlier this week, but decided against it.  It would have meant climbing on my little ladder, and I'm not so crazy about doing that.

Today, Tootsie and I have a few errands to do that we have been putting off all week.  We have to go to the hospital to pick up one of her meds, and then to Walmart to pick up another of her meds.  If we have time, we might even stop by Dairy Queen for an ice cream.

Janet came by yesterday and brought me a gorgeous planter for outside my door.  While she was here, I put the stuffed peppers in the oven for an hour at 350 degrees.  Then I just waited.  I wasn't really sure how the peppers would come out.  I tried to copy Moo's recipe (that he never wrote down or gave me measurements for).  Well, an hour later the peppers were done, and oh my!  Mmm Mmm Mmm!  I will have to make them again sometime soon.

I have two more of Mary Ann's bird photos to share today.  She has been having so much with her newest lens, and it shows in her photos.  This first one is a Ladder Backed Woodpecker, and the second photo is a White Winged Dove.



I'm hoping to take a few photos of my newest plants later today.  With all the wet days we've had lately, I haven't felt like going out to take photos.  Now that the sun is back to stay for a while, my energy is renewed.  Also, I want to get the hummingbird feeders back up because the hummingbirds are back in our area.

Now I must get going and put some clothes on before Eddie gets here.  I need to change the station on the TV too.  I've been watching the shopping channel where they are showcasing Susan Graver clothing.  I want everything!  I'm off now.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Yeah, try to get out and enjoy a bit the sun while it is there!
And I think it is the best to let Eddie do the screens, and you stay put with two feet on the ground!
Have a wonderful day
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Nice bird photos - and the stuffed peppers sound wonderful. Is this a recipe you would share? I'm learning to use the microwave convection oven and these sound like they'd work well for that.