Sunday, May 6, 2012

Oh What A Beautiful Moon!!

May 6, 2012

Good morning.  It's very foggy this morning, and has been all through the night.  Last night, the Mrs let me go outside to get photos of the super moon, but alas, there were a log of clouds in the sky.  First, I had to wait a while for it to move from behind the trees across the street.  But as soon as I got a decent shot at the moon, the clouds would move over it. 

It was truly a large and very bright moon.  I always bump the ISO up at night so that I can shoot photos in the dark.  This was about the best I could get between the clouds and the brightness of the moon.  The ISO here is 3200.


Next, I thought I would try lowering the ISO and maybe get some of the detail on the moon.   This next shot was from a different angle and at 800 ISO.


AHA!  I think I just learned something!  When the moon is super bright, the ISO needs to be lowered.   I was going to get a few shots of the moon this morning against a pretty blue sky, but no can do.  There is nothing up there but fog.  Hopefully, later tonight I will get another chance for some photos.

I also have an adorable photo of Audrey's baby, Moon.  Here he is all snuggled up and off somewhere in dreamland.  Audrey tossed a couple of his favorite toys on him but he did not move a muscle.  Whatever he was dreaming about was too good to leave just yet.  Isn't he just the cutest?


That's about all the time I have for chatting.  It's time to check on the Mrs and start to get ready to go home.  Hopefully one of you got a nice photo of the moon and can share it with the rest of us.  Tomorrow Su and I will start posting our new collab kit "Monet's Gardens".  Till then, Y'all have a terrific day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Both shots of the moon are great!
I have a wonderful photo to share today on my blog!With some happy news.
After a bit of lazy weekend have to do again some work here today. Well, done something every day makes it easier LOL!
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra

P.S. Moon looks adorable on his rugs!