Saturday, May 19, 2012

Busy Busy Bees

May 19, 2012

Good morning.  I must say that today is simply gorgeous!  If it was like this year round I would think we lived in Paradise.  I slept a bit late this morning, but I am definitely getting outside in a little while to play in the dirt.  I must remember to pick up a new set of garden hand tools.  The ones I have seem to keep walking off when I am not looking.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to get outside for a bit to take some photos of the bees that are flocking around the Mrs' rhododendrons.  The bees seem to be more flighty this year.  You have to be very quick to get a photo.  Here are a few of my favorite shots.




These guys absolutely love the Mrs' Beauty Bush.  They were all over it.  I have lots more photos, but I need to go through them and crop a few so that I can post them.  I am back to work tonight, so I'll have another chance to get a few more photos.

I will have to make this a rather short post because it's time to make Tootsie some lunch, and then I want to get dressed and outside.  Here's hoping your weather is as beautiful as ours.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I like the middle photo best with the bee at the side...very interesting angle.
It's hot and humid here but with a little breeze so it's bearable.

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Did you use your 200mm for these or a 50mm macro lens. Wonderful, awesome photos.