Sunday, February 12, 2012

Invisible Snow and Rain Dance

February 12, 2012

Good morning.  The sun is shining, but it's still a bit chilly.  17 degrees F.  It's supposed to warm up to around 28 degrees later today.  Tomorrow, the heat wave starts again.  Woo hoo!  A day of 38 degrees, then it hops up to the upper 40's for the rest of the week.  Definitely  tolerable.

Well, I must say that yesterday's snow was something you don't see very often.  In the morning, there was a dusting of snow here and there on the ground.  The snow came down steadily all day with rain mixed in, but each flake disappeared as soon as it hit the ground.  At no point during the day or night was there an accumulation anywhere.  Not so much as one snowflake.   However, the wind howled all night long, bringing the temperature way down.  Brrrr.

As you know, I love photographing rain drops, and yesterday was no exception.  My new polarizing filter arrived, so I put it on to see if it made much of a difference in the rain drop photos.  My goodness, I surely think it helped a lot.  Have a lookee.  Are these not pretty?


The white dot in the middle is from the flash.  I tried photos with and without the flash.  Then I took a few shots of the little rose hips (red berries on the rose bush) and played with a few filters and gradients in Photoshop.  And soon, this.......


Became this.....  I call this "Rain Dance".  The little dancers are from Freda Frederickkson.


At work last night, I read about 40 more pages on my Nook. (In the Users Guide)  Strange to say, but a lot of it is beginning to make sense.  Mind you, only the easy stuff.  The technical stuff is still a mystery that I am working on solving.  I will have me a book downloaded on this thing pretty soon.  At least, that's what I'm attempting to learn.  Time will tell.

Now I have to go back out into the cold to take one of the dwarfs food shopping.  Yesterday he did not want to go out because it was supposed to be wet and snowy.  I know, I know, some guys are just so wimpy!  Stay warm folks.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day, and come back tomorrow for more of our new kit "I Love...".

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

Hmmm. Maybe I need to actually USE my polarizing filter. I am so lazy when it comes to changing lenses and adding filters. You keep inspiring me!