Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Hope Your Day Was As Nice As Mine

February 15, 2012

Good morning.  There's no sunshine yet, but maybe we'll have some a bit later.  At the moment, it's a tad bit soggy.  Go figure!  The heat wave moves in and brings the rain with it.  Well, I only have to go out to do one errand, and it can wait until tomorrow if need be. 

Yesterday, I did not get to finish setting up the wireless printer.  Life moved me along in busy directions all day long.  A friend stopped by for a moment and gave me a box of candy.  This was nice and so unexpected.  A little later, the mail lady came by with a package, and I gave her the box of candy.  (I already have a small box in the refrigerator)  She was so pleased that she gave me a hug.  Wow!  What a nice way to start the day.

Later, tootsie and I went out to do a couple of errands.  In the afternoon, Dee Dee and Kevin (grandson) came by with a valentine gift for me.  I've seen these in TV ads, and at Walmart, but only in pink.  Mine is a really pretty yellow.  Have a look.



All in all, I had a really nice, pleasant day.  As for the printer, who cares?  There's always today.  I also started packing our "mail to Florida" box.  First and most important we put in the wee wee pads for Tootsie.  Next, a bag of her treats, double wrapped.  Today, we'll put in a few more things.

Last night, I read a National Geographic Magazine on my new Nook tablet.  There's a good possibility that I just might make it into the new technology age.  Whether I want to or not!! 

The pots of Paperwhites are blooming away with lots of new blossoms.  I wonder why I never bought these before.  They are so pretty.  Here's a new photo from yesterday.


At the moment, I'm watching an ad on TV.  It's an M & M candy dancing naked!  Imagine!  Well, at least now we all know what they look like without their candy shells!  On this note, I shall leave you and get dressed.  (no pun intended)  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

I love that ad! It debuted on the Super Bowl! It was to introduce Ms. Brown...and remind everyone that Red is a little out there! hehe

I've never seen the gift you got. Is it a paper plant or silk? It sure is pretty!

I have a wireless printer upstairs that I've never been able to get working. It's been a year! It's part of the White Tornado Project now, so it WILL get hooked up - The White Tornado gets everything! :)

I'm getting excited for Florida for you! I like that idea of sending a box ahead. Beats paying the airline for it!

Have a great evening and I'll trey to visit in the morning tomorrow!!

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

Sweet valentines day gift. Aren't those just the best kind? There's nothing like the purity of a child's love.