Monday, May 2, 2011

A New Toy For Me On The Horizon

May 2, 2011

Good morning.  I'm at work and sitting here watching the daylight come up.  Tootsie and I have a busy morning today.  When I get home, she will have her bath and then put on one of her pretty new dresses.  Then it's off to see her doctor for a check up. 

When I stopped by the hospital last week to pick up her new meds, I left Tootsie in the car while I ran inside.  Everyone was so disappointed not to see her.  She's been going there every few weeks for five years to have treatments, so it  feels wonderful now not to have to go there so often.

Last night, before I got ready for work, a friend called with information about the new doubler that's come out for my favorite lens.  So I shall have to call this morning to make sure I get one of them.  The company didn't get too many of them in so I'll have to be quick.  Thank you, Mary Ann.

This afternoon, I will have to re-wash the kitchen windows.  I was not a bit happy with the photos that I took through them this weekend, and I want to try again.  I did learn one thing from those photos though.  Did you know that when the hummingbird drinks up some nectar, he then squirts it out in a stream and sucks it up again?  Well I did not know that, but I got photos of it this weekend.  Now if I can just get a nice clear photo, I can share it with you.

I do have a couple of photos of a little chickadee to share.  They're not great, but they are cute.  He was sitting on the line where the feeders are hung, and something below caught his eye.  In the second photo, which I think is comical, he has decided to drop down and check it out. 



If I still have some energy this afternoon, I have to buckle down and finish up the May collab kit.  Su and I will be posting the first parts next Monday, May 9.  Su has not been feeling well lately, so if she is still a bit under the weather next week, I will still be posting my parts for you.  Su will be able to catch up as soon as she is feeling better. 

Now it's time to check in on the Mrs. and then tidy up before my relief shows up at seven.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Have fun with the doubler, it is great fun but you need a tripod most of the time for those shots.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom !! We are here safe in St. Charles! I'll give you a call tomorrow. its been a very long 3 days on the road. I Love You !!!!