Tuesday, April 19, 2011

You Snooze, You Lose!

April 19, 2011

Oh yeah, I lost big time!!  I should have bought two of the rose trees the other day because when I went back yesterday to get another one, they were all gone!!!   There are some days when I should not be let out of the house because my thinking cap isn't working right.  Ah well, the good part is that at least I got ONE!

I ended up buying another rose plant, some more bulbs, and an assortment of pansies.  Oh, and lets not forget a new wisteria plant and a lilac plant.  I miss my beautiful lilacs from where I used to live.  I almost got some forsythia too, but it wouldn't fit into my car.  It is dangerous to let me loose around so many beautiful plants!

I was so hoping to be able to play outdoors today in the gardens, but it's looking like the weather man has different ideas.  He is talking about rain for today, tomorrow, and again later in the week.  Maybe this is a sign that I should stay indoors and do a bit of house cleaning?  Bite your tongue!

When I got to work yesterday evening, there was a whole herd of deer grazing and playing in the field across the way.  I always try to get to work early just in case I get lucky and the deer are there.   I got out my trusty camera and starting clicking away.  Here are just a couple of the photos I was able to get.  I would love to get up really close, but then the deer get skittish and run away.


I don't ever get tired of photographing Nature and all her wonders.  There is so much beauty there and it's everywhere.  My only regret is that I did not take up this hobby when I was much younger.  On the other hand, I did get to pursue other dreams and hobbies so maybe now is my time with the camera.

Well, it's six o'clock am, and I need to be checking on the Mrs. again.  I'll be heading home in another hour to my little Tootsie.  Today, I will take her shopping for some more of that new doggie food that she likes so much. 

Till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe from the bad weather everywhere, and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

I know that feeling, going back for something and it isn;t there anymore! Terrible!
But at least you got a lot of other beauties.
If it isn;t yet raining and a bit bearable outside it might juust be a good idea doing the planting. And if some rains falls, thaat will give the plants a good start!
Hoping to make a few nice pics tomorrow, Jan and I planning to go to a big parc nearby, and with this real summer weather at the moment it should be great.
Have a marvellous day!
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I know the feeling. I've learned (mostly) to buy it right away and figure out where to put it later. I haven't seen many of our deer lately but I know they are up there watching the plants coming in.