Wednesday, April 20, 2011

So Now You Know, I Have Wrinkly Hands!

April 20, 2011

It's still a bit gray here and I haven't been outdoors yet to see what the temperature is like.    Our weather cannot make up it's mind whether to rain or drizzle or whatever!  So I guess in between little wet drops, I will attempt to get outside and plant a few things.

There is a bright side to the gray, damp weather.  It won't cause any sun wrinkles!  Not that wrinkles are a priority of mine.  I have enough to last me for a lifetime.  Besides, I have my Olay wrinkle chaser stuff in the pretty maroon jar on the bathroom sink.  Does it work?  I think so.  The forehead wrinkles don't seem to be as prominent anymore. 

I think I really need to use it on my hands because hand lotion does not do a thing for wrinkles except to make them softer. It does no good to get rid of the wrinkles on the face if the hands still look old and wrinkly.  Have you ever noticed that on someone with a gorgeous facelift?  Then they hold up their hands, and oops! 

On my way home from work this past Monday morning, I had to stomp on my brakes to miss hitting Madame Turkey.  I don't know what the rush was as no one or nothing was chasing this little beauty.  So after it got by me and into a yard, I pulled over and got out my camera.  The turkey, by now, was way down in someone's backyard but I managed to get a couple of  photos.



Maybe the bugs and worms tasted better here, who knows.  These are first wild turkeys that I have seen so far this year.  In fact, for quite a while.  I wonder where they have all gone?  Hmmm, I'll have to ask around.

This morning, I called Tamron to get information on the differences on two of their lenses.  The one I use, 18-270mm,  and the 28-300mm.  I guess the biggest difference is that my lense can get a wider angle shot than the other lens.  I wish someone could make a lightweight lens (one that is carryable) with a much longer reach.  Maybe 400 or 500mm?  I know  they already exist, but they are not much fun to lug around.

In the past, I have rented the bigger lenses when I want to try them out, but I thought it would be nice to have one handy whenever I want to use it.  I know, I know, we can't have everything we want!!  And I really am thankful the rental option is there for whenever I need it.

It's time now to get outdoors and decide where to plant the gorgeous orange tulips that the Easter Bunny dropped off in my yard yesterday.  I really do love the color orange.  It is so bright and energetic and happy.  Plus, I only have an hour before my granddaughter Jazzy gets here to help me with the housework, so I really should get dressed.  I don't want to scare her away!  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

What wrinkles? The cream must be working. I need to carry my camera with me more often like you do. Part of the reason I don't is the size of the lens. I wish they made something lighter also without it costing the price of a small country. We have 8" of new snow here - helps to hide the easter eggs.