Thursday, April 14, 2011

Food For Thought

April 14, 2011

It's a beautiful sunny morning here in my little part of the world.  I am back to work, so this will probably be a short post.  I am doing a few extra shifts this week and next to cover for a friend of mine who has to be out for a couple of weeks. 

I took a couple of new photos this morning outside here.  The daffodils and hyacinths are just gorgeous.  I'm getting a speck jealous because it will be while yet before any of mine bloom.  (Although I must tell you that my tomato seeds are beginning to come up!!)



Wayne stopped by last night and took care of my PC.  What would I do without this man?   I guess my whole problem was with Internet Explorer.  If it acts up again, we will have to update it.  We also discussed the best way to get away from Vista (that is what is in my PC).  If I end up replacing the PC at some point, Wayne says it's best to use a laptop instead.  He said that people are getting away from desk top PC's.  Hmmm.  Food for thought.

Our birds our slow to come back this Spring.  I'm not sure why, but I hope they all get back soon.  I miss waking to lots of chirping and singing outside my window.   In the next few weeks, I want to make some bird nests to place in the yard.  Maybe that will help a bit to keep our birds here longer. 

Yesterday, the hydrangea plants arrived.  Now I can't wait for the loam to be put in so that I can start planting in the yard.  By the time the loam is in, the flower seedlings should be ready for planting outdoors. 

I have also been busy making new QP's, and hope to have one posted for you tomorrow.  Till then, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

We finally switched to laptops and love it. It's nice to be able to work on the PC where ever you want to. In nice weather I like to work out in my arbor where it's shaded to reduce the glare on the screen.

Nani said...

I love the flower photos with the water drops, just beautiful!

I'm glad the desktop is behaving again. I think when the funds are available to replace my Mac, I'm looking at a Mac Book too. Right now, I do most everything on my PC laptop. The Mac is older and pretty much jus storage. Then again, my toy Photoshop is on the PC, so rather than pay full price for the Mac version, I may just stay PC. I have a long while to think about that!

Have you ever thought about redoing your flowerbeds with work soil? Bring home a cap a day and well... :) LOL

Have a wonderful day, Edna!!

Hugs, Nani