Friday, April 29, 2011

A Beautiful Royal Wedding

April 29, 2011

Good morning, and what a wonderful morning it is!  I have been up since 4 am watching the Royal Wedding ceremony.  I imagine half the world was doing the same thing.  What a magnificent wedding it was, and the bridal couple were just so stunning.  William's Kate is oh so beautiful!!

As a child, I watched Queen Elizabeth's coronation, and later I watched Phillip and Diana's wedding.  This made it ever so special to be able to watch Diana's son William's wedding to Kate.  I especially enjoyed seeing the Queen in her beautiful yellow outfit.  At 85 years old, Queen Elizabeth is still a beautiful woman.

I took a lot of photos from the TV in hopes that some would be good enough to share here.  The first photo is the bride getting ready to go into the church.


 The next two show William and Kate exchanging their wedding vows.



Next, William is putting the wedding band on Kate's finger. 


The last two photos were taken when the royal couple came out onto the balcony for their wedding kiss. 



I wasn't even there in person, but oh golly, I enjoyed watching their wedding.  Such a beautiful young couple, and they bring such hope for the British Monarchy and tradition.   I think the world was ready for another beautiful princess, although Kate is now actually the Duchess of Cambridge.

I'm off now to make another cup of coffee and maybe do a bit of laundry.  But first, I have to share that yesterday afternoon our first hummingbird came to our new feeder.  What a tiny little thing it was.  Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me at the time.  But now that the hummingbirds know that we have a feeder, maybe I'll be able to get a few photos before the summer is over.

That's it for now.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

seamhead gypsy said...

WHAT?!?! You mean I missed the wedding? :-). It's ok, my wife told me all about it!