Saturday, August 29, 2009

The End Of A Dynasty

August 29, 2009

Ahhhhh, the rain is finally here (since last night), and the air is cooler and it feels so good!! Well, yesterday, I watched a bit of the news about Senator Kennedy. It's rather sad to see the end of a dynasty, sort of. The Kennedy's are our "Royal family," and have been in my life forever.

Many years ago, the hospital where my Laura Jean was living gave me a hard time, wanting me to move her to a nursing home. A kindly nurse told me to write my legislators for help. I wrote to the matriarch herself, Rose Kennedy, and told her my story. She stepped in, and my Laura Jean got to stay put for quite a long while.

Last night was chat night at the forum. Of course, all the ladies were in "fun" mode. It's good to get together and laugh once in a while. Snowy had given us a two page project to do, using a summer theme. Well, I mostly played with photography this summer, so that was what my layouts were about.

At work yesterday, I had a few photo opportunities. I got to photo some butterflies that were dancing around in the backyard, a dragonfly resting on a leaf, a rose bud that was a full blown rose by mid afternoon, and several bees that were very busy collecting pollen. Tomorrow, I will have photos to share.

Well, I've finished my coffee, so now it's time to get busy here. There's always work to be done. And then, of course, later this afternoon, it's back to work again. Meanwhile, Y'all have a wonderful day.
Hugs, Edna B.




The resources for the zipper and pull are from The Scrappin Cop.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Wow ! That camera sure makes fantastic photos !! I have to go really close with my one , and by that stage everything which can fly has escaped ,lol.Great layout !!! Just got the bathroom finished - will post a pic again in my next post in the morning.(lol-not too early though, it's Saturday, which means phone time with Erik at 4 am in the morning)Hugs Snowy