Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Wobble, Wobble

October 2, 2018

Good morning.  As long as I'm up early, I thought I might type my post before the day gets away from me.  The temperature right now is fifty five degrees.  Between a bit of rain, clouds and sunshine, we may even get up to seventy one degrees later this afternoon. 

Well, so far my new microwave is working just fine.  Of course, I've only warmed things up in it, but that's okay.  I'm just so glad to be able to have my coffee this morning.  I may even have a nice hot cup of Cream Of Wheat too!

Remember how I bought a nice new toilet seat not too long ago?  Well, one day last week, one of the screws fell out onto the floor.  I tried putting it back but I couldn't so I set it aside.  A few days later, the other screw fell out onto the floor.  I set that one aside too. 

Sadly, there were important football games on over the weekend so there was no one to fix the seat.  So, yesterday I ordered a new seat with a different type of screws that aren't supposed to be able to come undone.  Hopefully, when it arrives, SIL Eddie will be able to come over and install it.  Meanwhile, I am learning to sit very gently on a wobbly seat.  So far, so good.

Last night, I dressed a new dolly with the Crushed Berries and Orchid outfit.  Oh my, she is ever so pretty.   Gosh, I bet she'd even be pretty if I used the maroon color for the ruffles.  Hmmmm.

 
Miss LV asked what do I do with all my dollies.  Well, I usually give them away as gifts.  I need to keep my hands busy so that they keep working, and I love to crochet.  It's such an enjoyable feeling to take a hunk of yarn and turn it into something really pretty or useful.  Plus, I do love hand made gifts. 
 
I make a lot of afghans, and sometimes I give them to favorite charities to auction off for funds.  Others I set aside as gifts for friends and family.  My holiday gift tote is already full of hand made things waiting to be boxed up.
 
My daughter Deanne sent me the cutest image that she found on the web.  I just have to share it here with you.   Now be honest, don't we all know a special guy that this would fit?  Hahaha.
 
 
Now I'm going to do a bit of blog reading before I go looking for some mischief to get into.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I can't wait for some cooler temps here in the South. I hope you get your toilet seat situation fixed, that's a necessary item:) Beautiful dolly all dressed up, I love it! That pic of the dog in his jacket is TOO FUNNY! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Terra said...

Cute little dog wearing his new coat, haha.