Thursday, October 25, 2018

Some Ads Just Don't Need To Be Seen

October 25, 2018

Good morning.  So far, it's looking really nice outside my door.  The sun is shining and there's a wee bit of a breeze.  Hopefully, it will stay like this all day.  Yesterday, the weather kept changing as though it were a faucet that someone was turning.  Not as much fun as it sounds.

It was a quiet day here for Pogo and me.  I paid a few bills, washed some dishes, and not much else.  At least I can't think of whatever else I did.  Things are so different from when I was younger.  Years ago, I could remember what I did for days and weeks at a time.  No so, now.  Ah well, I guess if it were important, I'd have remembered it. 

Today I have to get something off my mind.  Is anyone else noticing how disgusting some of the TV commercials are becoming?  I'm not a prude, but there are some things that just don't belong on the TV screen.  At least not on my TV.

The ad is for one of the new "Poo" stink remover products.  It opens with an airline pilot, in uniform, sitting on the toilet with his pants down around his ankles.  He's facing the camera and talking about how when he is going to dump his "luggage" he puts this product into the toilet to get rid of the stink.  Then it shows two drawings of toilets with little brown suitcases floating around in the water.

I don't know about you, but I find this offensive.  Sadly, there are no published schedules to let the public know when which commercial will be aired on the TV.  Other wise, folks like me could change the channel before the ads come on.  Okay, nuff said!

I have no new photos to share, so I dug into my archives and came up with these photos from six years ago today.  These are the things I saw when I looked out the window while I was at work.  The weather was very much like it is today, and this Robin and Northern Flicker were scurrying around looking for food.



This little chipmunk was also out looking for food, and the pink Knock Out roses were till blooming.



As I sit here looking out my door, I'm noticing that a couple little birds have been staying inside the eaves on my little porch roof.  I'll have to put some bird food a little closer to the porch for them.  Actually, when I finish this post, I think I'll take out a big bowl of peanuts for the birds and the little critters. 

I need to seriously start putting together the photos that I will be needing for my new calendar.  Time is flying by and there are only a few more days till November.  Do you realize there are only five more weeks till Thanksgiving, six weeks till Hanukkah, and a little more than nine weeks till Christmas? 

I have so much still to do and so little time to do it.  But then it's like this every year.  So, I guess today's project will be to work on my calendar.  After that, I'll need to work on my Christmas card.  Once my calendars are printed and I get them, I can start to pack up some of my holiday boxes.  Yup, I may be rushed, but I'm really right on time.  (for me, that is!)

The mailman just came and he brought me a package from my friend Kyra in Holland.  Woo Hoo!  It's a birthday present!  I set the package on the kitchen counter.  It keeps winking at me, saying  "Open me!  Open me!"  But no, I will have to wait a few more days.  Meanwhile, I need to put a package in the mail early next week for my daughter Laura Jean's birthday. 

Now I think I'll do a bit of blog reading before I start working on my calendar photos.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I haven't seen that ad but wouldn't like it if I did, it sounds obnoxious:( I am sick of the political ads and have seen about 100 of them since I have been up. Enjoy your day dear friend, I have lots I need to get accomplished too. HUGS!