Monday, October 1, 2018

So Much For Plans

October 1, 2018

Good afternoon.  Well, today did not turn out the way I had planned.  But then, why would it? It's a good thing I'm retired, because the way my life seems to go would not play well with going to work every day (or night). 

This morning I put my coffee mug into the microwave to heat the water and guess what?  The microwave would not work.  I tried everything I could think of, but nothing helped.  Groan, groan.  How am I going to get by without my microwave?  I use it several times a day, every day. 

So, after the mail came, Pogo and I headed out to Ocean State Job Lot to buy us a new microwave.  They had two, so we had one of them put into our cart and checked out.  One of the store personnel was nice to remove the box from our cart and put it onto the back seat in my car.

The real fun began once we got home.  There was this little matter of getting the box out of the car and up onto my porch.  I managed, barely.  Next I had to take the old microwave down from the counter.  This took a bit of thought because it was really quite heavy.  I got it to the floor and pushed it to one side.

Next, I got the new microwave out of its box. and slowly scooted it over the threshold, across the living room floor and out into the kitchen.  Slowly and carefully I managed to get it up onto the counter and plugged in.  The first thing I did was to dig out the user manual and make myself a cup of coffee.  Ahhhhhhh!  Now that tasted good!

I managed to scoot the old microwave across the floors and out to the laundry room.  When Joe gets home from work, I'll ask him to take it outside for me.  All I've looked up so far on the new microwave is how to set the clock.  That's done, and I'll read the rest of the manual later this afternoon.

I did get a lovely surprise in the mail today.  All the doll bodies that I had ordered arrived.  All eleven of them.  They are just in time too because last night I finished another dolly outfit.  I'll take a photo later on to share.  Meanwhile, I finished another one a couple days ago, and I do have a photo of that one.  The colors are Light Yellow and Tunnel Vision (variegated grays).  She's really quite pretty.


Today is the beginning of another new month, October.  And here is the October page from my calendar. 


I'd love to start working on my new calendar, but I have to wait for my laptop to come back from the shop.  I called there this morning only to find that they are still waiting for the part to come in, so it looks like it will be another week before I get my laptop back.

Joe will be coming home soon so I need to be signing off here.  Pogo is waiting at the door watching for Joe, and wanting his turkey treat.  With a little luck, nothing else will go wrong and I can get a few things done around here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

LV said...

Seems this time of the year things start going wrong. I have had my share as well. I love that doll. What do you do with them?

smiekeltje said...

Hopeless, that accumulation of things that go wrong or get broke !!
I am relieved that all did go well with your shifting the microwaves. It is easy to stumble or something like that.
And yes, please let Je take care of the disposal of the old microwave. !
It however was great you had a fantastic time at the show with Jazzy.
Now on to your next posts, what else?
Hug
Kyra