Monday, July 31, 2017

Saying Farewell To July

July 31, 2017

Good morning. Do you realize that today is the last day of July?  Did this month really just fly by that quickly?  I think the older we get, the more we realize how quickly time goes by.  Some days, it seems that all the hours got shorter too.

Pogo and I got up early this morning and took Janice to work.  Then we stopped by the bank before heading home.  Wowee!  You should see the traffic out on the highway.  We took the highway home to avoid going through a long construction area  closer to home.  Hmmm, it might have been quicker to take the construction route.  The traffic was bumper to bumper and traveling about five to ten miles per hour.  I don't know how people drive in that traffic everyday on their way to work and home again.

This morning I'm waiting for the guy from the oxygen company to show up, and then Pogo and I will be off again to do a few errands.  It's really quite nice outside this morning, as long as you aren't sitting in heavy traffic. 

Today I have some cute photos of my handsome little guy, Pogo.  Friday afternoon, we were on the porch and I was trying to color a greeting card.  Pogo, however, had different ideas on how I should spend my time.  In no time at all, he was lying on my lap, making sure that I could not color.  He wanted to be petted and played with. 




While we were sitting out there, I took photos of all my little solar things that adorn the railing almost all the way around my porch.  Here's a photo showing some of them.

 

Well, the hawk from yesterday stayed on the top of that tree all day till almost dark.  He did leave a few times, I guess to pick up a snack or two, but he came right back to his perch on top of the tree.  At one point, there was a second hawk in another tree, but after squawking at each other for a short time, the second hawk left.  I haven't noticed our hawk yet today.

Now I think I should wash the dishes in the kitchen sink.  Hopefully that fellow from the oxygen company will be here soon.  If he doesn't show up this morning, I'm going to call and reschedule his appointment for another day. 

On that happy note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Morning Edna and Pogo,
Wow I don't envy you with the traffic. That was the driving factor of moving over to this side of town so Jonathan would only have to drive about 10 minutes to work. Karyn on the other hand has to drive about 20, but she takes the back road in so it is not too bad of a drive for her.

I am so excited. We are having a cool down!!! We should only reach around the high 90's or a 100 F degrees. Doesn't sound like much but after days of 110 I will take it. They said on the weather news that July only had 6 days of temps below 100. Of course that means 99 or so but add in the humidity and it is still hot as blazes and we have a chance for rain! From today until Wednesday. I hope that we get some of it but they are predicting most of it for the outer Hill country.

Something is wrong with my pictures. I cannot open or save anything. Noticed this problem a couple of days ago so when Jonathan gets home I am going to have him restore my computer. It has been acting funny now for a few days. When I try and right click a photo it says to open with some program called Pixir. I don't have a clue where that came from so I will have him restore it back to about a month ago. I spent far to much time yesterday trying to fix this problem. I tried to save the cute little photos of Pogo but it wouldn't let me.

Cisco must have been cold last night because I woke up this morning and my robe was pulled off the end of the bed and pulled over to his bed and he is all bundled up in it. I tell you that this boy is so smart!!

Tomorrow Karyn takes me to the dentist for my first impressions if my gums are healed enough and we will do some grocery shopping. That means that Cisco will get some apples, carrots and some pears if I can find some. I am not going to give them to him as a treat tho because he doesn't want his food when I do, so I will just cut up a few pieces and put in his bowl. He will pick out the goodies first and ignore the kibble but eventually he will go back and eat his food once he sees that he isn't going to get anything else.

Amazing about the hawk. And to have two of them is indeed remarkable. They must both be males or females and guarding their territory. I better go. I still need breakfast and insulin so I am off... Have a fun day and talk to you soon. xxxx love to you and Pogo from Cisco and Beth...

Annesphamily said...

Hi Edna, Precious Precious Precious photos! Pogo is so darn darling and very shiny too! A lovely lil chap!
We had a huge rain storm, a torrential rain, for at least an hour yesterday. Thank goodness we have a sump pump and that pump worked hard yesterday! I have felt flu-ish all weekend. Better today. Just not doing a whole lot.
I am excited for upcoming events. Rebekah went parasailing yesterday in Nebraska at Lake McConaughy. She has a huge bucket list and so brave. She sailed around the sky for 30 minutes, just her and God, she said! 500 feet above the water. She and Zach will be married August 19, 2018 which would be the wedding anniversary of my late sister Pat. My sissy has a twin. Her first born grand daughter! Oh Edna, she could be my big sister! She is tall and beautiful like my sis was and has her legs! I wish God had given me those legs.
Rebekah and Zach will be married at Estes Park, CO. in the Rocky Mountain National Forest.
Jeremy and Brittany are expecting March 2018. We are very excited and praying for a healthy happy baby. They have had some bumps in the road to get here. Please pray.
Nick started his first full time job. Although it is temporary he will learn the ins. business. He was quite excited today. He learned about homeowners ins. He said the trainer, a lady named Dawn is very smart and helpful. He is in a small class with two other ladies.
We told him this company will look good on a resume but he surprising liked it so far.
Anyway I sure love all the fun shares you have and one of these days I am going to sit down and talk with you about these blog books.
Tomorrow I watch my great grandboy Harrison. He turns 18 months on the 10th of August which I am surprised is here already. Time flies my friend. Good to see you here.
HUGS