Friday, July 21, 2017

A Very Productive Day Shopping

July 21, 2017

Good morning.  It's beautiful outside but it is going to be another really warm day.  Pogo and I will stay indoors most of today.  I'll put the A/C on and go back to my "clean out project" for a while.  Well, at least that's the plan.

Another project for today is to call a few shredding companies to get prices and see which ones come right to the house.  I've already looked up a few companies and their phone numbers.  If they are not too expensive, maybe Deanne can use the same service too to cut down on the amount of shredding that she has to do. 

Speaking of Deanne, after she picked up Janice from work yesterday afternoon,  they  came by to get me and we went shopping/browsing at a friend's gun shop.  Oh my, so many choices.    I tried handling a few guns first to see how they fit my hand and how heavy they were.  Finally, I found one that felt right for me.  Next was Deanne's turn to try out a few.  The very last one she tried turned out to be just right for her. 

Next came the paperwork.  Oh my goodness, it looked like we were signing away our first borns.  But it actually wasn't as bad as it looked.  Both our background checks were okay, so we got to bring our new purchases home with us. 

We also both bought (I forget the name of them) plastic practice bullets.  You use them to learn how to load them and shoot them properly, and they are reusable.  This way no one gets hurt.  We'll be picking a date soon for more practice time at the range and a class on how to clean our new weapons.

While going through some old photos, I came across this photo.  It's a photo of a photo that was printed on paper with black ink.  But it is still adorable.  Now who ever would have thought that this little darling would grow up to be such an awesome person! 


Actually, all my children turned out to be awesome people.  I'm so very proud of them, and I'm most certainly very blessed.  I believe that every parent should be able to feel this way about their children.

Recently, I found another treat for moi (of course!) on the Jewelry TV Channel.  Did you know that Quartz comes in several colors (most likely with radiation, but not positive).  Amethyst and Citrine are the most famous quartz gems, but another beautiful color is the pink quartz.  Here's a pretty ring with pink quartz surrounded by sixteen tiny white diamonds.  It kept saying "You need me.  You need me."  So I bought it. 


Most all my jewelry is set in sterling silver because that is my favorite.  This ring is not very expensive, but it brings a big smile to my face whenever I look at my hand.  Like Pogo says, "when mommy is happy, everyone is happy."  He encourages me to buy pretty things.  He's also trying to encourage me to dump the dog food and get back to cooking him steaks and hamburgers.  Maybe tonight, Pogo.  Maybe tonight I'll cook you a juicy hamburger for supper.

On that happy note, I'll take my leave.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

Ohhh love the photo of that darling child, but which one is she????????? Yes your Blessed with Awesome children and I am aware of how each one of them enriches your life in so many ways.

The ring is just so beautiful. Wow! I learned a few years ago of a lot of colored Quartz but have never seen this color before. How gorgeous. I have a smoky quartz that is one of my favorites. It is rather small but I love it.

I am glad that you and Deanne each found the perfect weapon for each of you. I think that the classes are so beneficial and spending time at the range will be fun for the both of you.

I have some things on my to do list today so I am going to get started. Have a fabulous weekend to you and Pogo and Cisco says that a juicy hamburger is just the right thing. He is wishing for one, but he got a treat today... He had a slice of white turkey mixed in with his food today so now he is sleeping with a full tummy.
Hugs to you both my sweet friend.... xxxxx Beth and Cisco