Sunday, July 23, 2017

A Weekend For Tears

July 23, 2017

Good morning.  Oh, what a beautiful day we have!!  The sun is shining, there's a wonderful breeze and temps will stay in the seventies today.  Woo Hoo!  It's simply a perfectly beautiful day!

I realized Friday, after I had posted here, that I forgot to name the child in the photo.  That is my daughter Deanne.  When the other children wanted something, they would send Deanne to us to ask for it.  She was rarely ever refused.  I mean, how could you look at that little face and not give her what she was asking for???  Children are very smart!

Well, I finally finished that underslip that I've been working on for one of the dolls.  I was determined the other night, and would not quit until it was done.  Now I have to make one more for the other doll.



Pogo and I went out yesterday to do a few errands, which included stopping in at JoAnn's Fabric shop.  I needed one more skein of a particular color to finish the second doll dress.  Guess what?  They did not have what I needed.  In fact, they didn't have anything that I might be able to use for either doll project. 

I did find a piece of fabric that I just could not pass by.   What adorable dresses it would make!  Well, I don't have a sewing machine set up yet, but Audrey does.  So I bought enough to make a dress for Alena and I'll send the material to Audrey.  Isn't this adorable?


Over the weekend, Audrey's hubby, Mac, has been busy painting Minions on the back of a door in Alena's room.  Minions is another of Alena's favorite things.  Actually, I think we all love minions.  Here's a photo of Mac working on the door.  I can't wait to see it when it is finished!


Sad to say, the rest of my news from the last couple of days is not so good.  Late Friday afternoon, Kevin and a couple of friends were in the car headed for their baseball game when a woman in a car came out from a bank parking lot and smashed into them.  The car was hit so badly it was smashed into a utility pole.  And totaled.  One kid needed treatment for cuts from glass, one had to be checked because of possible head injuries and Kevin appeared to be okay.  He went to the hospital yesterday to be checked and so far he is alright.

Late yesterday, one of the kids that was in the car with Kevin was out in a car with his girl friend and his grandparents.  They were involved in a horrible car accident.  I don't have the particulars yet on how it all happened.  Everyone was taken to the hospital with injuries.  The Grandmother was hurt the worst, and died a few hours later.  I lit a candle and put it in the window for her soul.

Now it's time to take my Nebulizer meds and get started on this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohhh Edna,
This news is so heartbreaking. I really hope that the rest of the injured will heal. This is just so very sad. I am so sorry for all involved and I really hope that Kevin's friend will recover. Please let me know how they are doing if you hear any news.

I just wanted to reply but I should have waited a little longer. Karyn is here making us lunch but she altered the recipe so I can have some as well. It will be diabetic friendly. I need to go and help her.

Oh the Minion door will be just awesome once it is finished. I can't wait to see it too and the under slips are just beautifully done, but I know that it was a daunting task... Wow.. and of course I just love the little dress...

Gotta run, I am being paged... Hugs and Love from Cisco and I to you and Mister Pogo!