Thursday, June 2, 2016

Technology And Me, Quite A Pair!

June 2, 2016

Good morning.  Today is cool and cloudy.  Temperatures may only get up to 71F degrees.  According to the TV, all of next week's temperatures will stay in the 70's.  Pretty nice Spring weather, I say.

Today's post will be fairly short because I'm going to be meeting up with Aunt Lucy somewhere in Quincy, MA.   I do have a GPS in my car, but it takes me a long time to figure out how to put in a new address, and then even longer to figure out how to make the thing work.  Folks, today's technology is just not for old ladies.  Well, at least not this old lady.

Yesterday, Pogo and I went out and did a couple errands.  It felt good to be out and about.  While we were out, I tried using the GPS to make sure I knew how to use it.  Unfortunately, by the time I had some of it figured out, we were already back home. 

Today I have some cute photos of my great granddaughter Alena, (Audrey's granddaughter).  Notice her hands.  This is how she does everything.  She is ambidextrous, and is quite comfortable writing and coloring with either hand.  Way to go girl!!



Yesterday afternoon, I took a walk around the yard to get more photos of the flowers that are blooming.  I'll post some of these as soon as I have a chance to go crop them.  I do have a fun photo to share that I took a couple weeks ago.  You can see the reflection of my house and the truck that was parked in the driveway.  Can you guess who's eye this is?  If you guessed SIL Eddie, you're right. 


That's about all the news for this morning.  Now I have to go outside and try to program this GPS to take me to meet my Aunt Lucy.  God bless me, wish me luck.  I used to be so smart about these things, and now I don't have a clue.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Your great grandaaughter looks lovely and is soooo concentrated on what she is doing!
quite fun (and handy)when somebody can do things with both hands.
Hahaha, hope you can figure out the GPs, otherwise Aunt laucy has to wait a looong time for you! But...l there is always the possibility to ask people along the road or at gasstations etc.
Yesterday wasn;t the best day of the week, weatherwise. Rained a lot, but and almost felt like autumn. But I did get out for a moment, just had to find the new puzzle book for Jan. Lucky I didn;t go for nothing it just had arrived.
One good thing of the lesser weather conditions, I did some housekeeping(real neceaasary) and all is done for the weekend.
Only have to wait for a better day to do the windows at the front.
I bet you will have a splendid time with Aunt Lucy and have lots to talk about.
Have a wonderful day
Hug
Kyra