Thursday, June 16, 2016

I'm A Wee Bit Cranky Today

June 16, 2016

Good morning.  Outside my door, it is warm with a slight breeze, and the sun keeps playing peek a boo with the clouds.  I am wicked tired this morning.  Probably it is because I did not sleep well during the night.  I had taken a pain pill, but by the time it kicked in it had already worn off.   So what else is new?

Tuesday when I went out to do some errands, I bought a six pack of beer.  That night I decided to have a glass of beer instead of a pain pill.  Well, before I could even drink half of the beer, I was snoozing away.  This is probably what I should have done last night. 

Has anyone noticed the way television programs are going?  If they are not extremely violent, they are leaning toward nudity.  The other night I watched one of my favorite game shows, "Idiotest" and was super surprised when the contestants and the host were all nude.  Well, the host was wearing a sports jacket.  It was a turn off for me. 

I was already beginning to not like the host because every time he speaks, his comments have double meanings (sex) or they were downright explicit.  Not everyone enjoys these kind of comments coming from a TV host, nor does everyone enjoy watching the host and the contestants prance about naked.

A while back, Project Runway All Stars had an episode where all the models were totally nude.  This not only made me uncomfortable, but the designers were a bit uncomfortable too.  If this continues, I may have to give up another favorite program. 

There is also a Naked Dating program, and of course, Naked And Afraid.  I don't watch either of these.  Folks, I'm not a prude, but if I wanted to watch nudity when I turned on my TV, I would pay for the premium channels.  I don't, so I don't.  Whatever happened to family type shows?  You know, where everyone is wearing clothes, and the violence is kept down to bare minimum?   I guess pretty soon I won't be needing cable TV anymore.

Can you tell I'm a wee bit cranky today?  Sorry 'bout that.  I'm so glad I have Pogo.  Even when I'm crotchety, he always manages to put a smile on my face.  We play a bit and then he snuggles up to me.  How can I stay cranky after that?  He's a huge blessing in a tiny curly package.

I have a photo of our red Knock Out roses to share.  Aren't these pretty?  This year, they are loaded with buds and blossoms. 


While I was going through some old photos, I came across this one of some dolls that I made several years ago.  I'm thinking that I might like to make a couple more of them for the last two babies born.  If I do, I'll wait till I get the new sewing machine.  These two dolls were all hand stitched, and daughter Audrey helped me make them. 


I made these dolls for granddaughter Jasmine (on the left) and great granddaughter Hailey (on the right).  The dolls are easy to make, so if anyone wants to try making one, let me know and I'll post the directions for you. 

Today, I think I'll put a few more rows on my afghan.  There's only twenty nine more rows to go till it's finished.  Woo Hoo!!  This will make four done and one still to go.  I can manage this.  Later after Joe gets home from work, we'll go grocery shopping.  I have meds that have been ready for pickup all week.  If I wait much longer to get them, they will probably be put back into stock. 

Well, that's my news for this morning.  Now I'm going to curl up in my lounge chair and try to catch a little nap.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
I am cranky to. It is because of lack of sleep and speaking of Nudity I slipped and fell in the shower this early afternoon and had to be rescued Naked by my son! Still woozy I did manage to get out but fell back and hit the corner of the vanity just under the shoulder blade and it left a scratch all the way down to my hip. Rescue number 2 of helping his Naked mother! He took it all in stride. However I was deeply embarrassed. I am also very sore so it is time for a pain pill and time to lay down.

Another reason I am cranky is that these destructive kids have pulled up 3 of our beautiful rose bushes and tore them to pieces. What the heck is going on with people wanting to destroy such beautiful things? There has to be a lot of sadness in their lives to cause such a desire to destroy.

I have been waiting since Friday for my new stove. Guess I have to get cranky with them too now.
So I hope that your day gets better. I am going to try and lay down. Jonathan and I went to the grocery store last night and he bought me a new book. That should lift my spirits... Hugs, Beth