Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A Tiny House Will Be Just Fine For Me And Pogo

June 14, 2016

Good morning.  There's another beautiful day outside my door.  We have been blessed with some really fabulous weather, and I am very thankful for that. 

Well, yesterday's work in the upstairs bathroom took a bit longer than expected, but most of the work was finished up by 6 pm last evening.  Today, the guys will come back and put down the new tiles.  I was not able to get out yesterday to do my errands, so I'll give it a try today. 

Did you know that the summer cold has a fluffy new enemy?  According to the AARP magazine, it is called the marshmallow.  The gelatin in a toasted marshmallow coats the throat and relieves irritation and pain.  Just don't eat them too hot.

Here's another great idea for some of us old folks.  A Granny Pod is set up (built) on your relative's property not too far from the main house, and is hooked into the existing power, water and sewer.  The Granny Pod has hand rails, defibrillators, first aid supplies, lighted floor boards and a soft floor to minimize damage from falls.  These can be quite pricey, with an average price range of $85,000 to $125,000.

However, the Granny Pod is basically a tiny house with lots of medical equipment.  You can have a tiny house (perfect for any age) built from $20,000 or less to as high as you can afford for the features that you might want.  I think I would like the tiny house with a bedroom on the main floor.  No loft for me.  I think as long as the tiny house is set up not too far from the main house, you probably don't need all that pricey medical equipment.  But of course, each person's wants and needs are quite different.

Today I have more photos from my garden.  There's a medium purple iris, a white rhododendron, a pink rhododendron and a pink Knock Out rose.





SIL Eddie picked up more plant stakes for me, so today we will prop up a few more of the heavy peony blooms.  Hopefully, this will help.  If not, at least I tried.  Grandson Kevin might be coming by today too, so maybe I'll see if he will go to the Post Office with me so that he can help carry the boxes. 

Pogo's appetite isn't quite up to snuff lately, so I'll have to think up something tasty to tempt him with.  I am not happy when my little guy isn't eating.  He acts like he wants to eat, but when I give him a plate of food, he just sniffs it and walks away.  Hopefully he is just being picky. 

Well, that's my news for this morning.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,

Love the idea of a tiny house just for me. As long as it has air conditioning they can keep the medical equipment! My niece and her husband bought one of those pre-fab barn style sheds at Lows or Home Depot and put on their land and then began adding on a bit at a time. It is really awesome and a lot bigger than it actually looked like from the inside. They did their own wiring and insulation and sheet rock. It was a great idea for them. They get their dream house and have it designed how they want it.

I checked my email before going to bed and found that my page called Woman was chosen for Featured Page. It is quiet an honor as there are hundreds of pages uploaded every day. I was so excited. I have been at the site for nearly 8 years and this is the 2nd time that I have won.

I hope Pogo starts eating. I too just hope that he is being picky. I keep trying to think of something that he will eat. He is such a sweet little dog. I just love him.
Cisco has one of those Kong oblong balls that you put treats in and he has to work to get them out. Guess what fits inside the ball just perfectly? Yep his treats from Pogo. He it is really great watching the exercise that he is getting with it.

I woke up to a terrible cramp in my left foot this morning. So much for sleeping in this morning. The flowers are lovely as always. I just love seeing them. Have a beautiful day. Hugs, Beth and Cisco.

The Queen Jester said...

I've seen those granny pods. For the price of them it would be cheaper to have a trailer or a 5th wheel parked for granny...much more room also. Hmmm, maybe we could just park our RV in their backyard. Oh wait...I forgot...we do work for them, not the other way around. I've got to get back to blogging one of these days, I'm generally too tired from working at their house as they try to get it ready to sell.

LV said...

Never a dull day at your house. Enjoy hearing about the good and bad days.

smiekeltje said...

The idea of the little house sounds not too bad. But wouldn;t it be better to have small houses like that built in a smaller area for different people with a kind of helath care departement around the corner, where you will always have a quailified nurse at the least for control?
Your flowers are looking beautiful, and I hope the plant supports will help for those enormous peanies.
Would be nice if Kevin came by and could go with you to the post office.
Think today I will cut Jan's hair. It needs to be "modelled"a bit LOL.
Have a wonderful day.
Hug
Kyra
P.S. how is your foot behaving