Thursday, February 18, 2016

Wowsie! Only Thirty Days Till Spring!!

February 18, 2016

Good morning on this gorgeous sunny morning.  It's 32F degrees, and it won't get much warmer today, but oh my it is so much nicer than those wicked cold temps we had just a while ago.  Temps are supposed to be going up again soon, and that makes me really happy.   Spring might just be on it's way.  Only thirty more days!!!

This morning I was enjoying a super nice late snooze when there was a tap on my door.  I looked out to see the fuel oil delivery man.  Oh my!!  They never come this early in the day.  At least not to my house.  It was time to get up and start this new day.

So now the fuel tank is full again, and the bills have been put out in the mailbox to be picked up in a while.  So far, it's a pretty good day.  I spent hours yesterday looking for the charging cord for my little laptop.  Somehow it got separated from the laptop when I put it away. 

I was telling my DIL Janet about this last evening, and I happened to look down on Pogo's sofa.  Oh my!!!   There was a plastic bag sitting there (that I had set there a few hours earlier), and in it was the cord and mouse that I had been searching for.   Some days my brains play hide and seek with me.

Today I will play with the little laptop for a bit to make sure all is well because it's the one I'm taking with me to Florida.  Daughter Deanne will be bringing my SX50 camera by because I want to take it with me on vacation.  It is much lighter than my DSL.  However, I have already ordered a brand new camera (very similar to mine) for Deanne.   It will arrive while I'm away, but she will come by and pick it up.

I don't have new photos for today so I dug into my archives from three years ago.  On this day in 2013 there was snow everywhere and the wind was howling away.  I was at work, and I took this photo through the living room window. 

Later that day, I took another photo from the kitchen window (back of the house) of one of the tiny dark eyed Juncos looking for food in the snow.  Gosh, these little birds are so adorable.


While I am sitting here typing, my little Pogo is lying beside me, snoring away.  It's a most wonderful sound!!  Everyone should have a doggie (or a kitty) to love.

Last evening, I got an email from a designer (Creations By Rain) letting me know that she had posted new kits with Zlata.  You know I went right over to the digi store (http://wilma4ever.com) to get them.  I love that adorable little character.  Today I'll have some fun playing with these new kits. 

Update on my rental car:  I finally managed to talk with the lady at the car rental agency and she made all the reservations for me. They will pick me up at the airport and later take me back to the airport.  The service is wonderful, and I've been using this same company for years.  For those of you who might need a rental car while in Florida ( in the Orlando area) the company is American Car Rental.

Now it's time for me to get busy and find some fun mischief to get into.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

So Sorry that I didn't get a chance to comment yesterday on your blog. I am so glad that you were able to get re-fueled and your rental car taken care of. I know that must feel really great to have that taken care of.

Another long night. Insomnia struck again. I don't understand nights like these, but I somehow muddle thru.

I just love your photos. You have a great eye for capturing things in great detail. I can actually feel like the wind blowing that snow over me. Perhaps that is wishful thinking as it is supposed to be in the 80's again this week.

I cannot believe that it is Friday already. My son Matthew is supposed to be driving in from Wisconsin today and should if nothing happens and I will worry until he is in my arms. I cried a lot the last time that he left.

I think that I am going to try and lay down and get some rest. I was able to get out my CT pages. I had fun doing those at least. The ones that I did for Vanilla M Designs are really not that great. I used all of the elements available to me and come to find out, I did not have the whole kit... Just a tiny part of it. But I have the entire kit now and so I will put out some more pages for her.

Have a great day my friend and I hope that you and Pogo had a great night. Cisco slept peacefully even if I didn't and that makes it all ok in my world, as long as my fur baby is happy so am I... Hugs to you and Pogo... xoxoxoxxo Beth