Monday, February 22, 2016

Time Is Ticking Away Ever So Quickly

February 22, 2016

Good morning.  Our nice weather is holding up (42F), and today is another beautiful sunny day.  Later I will gather up the energy to go out and do a couple of errands.  Maybe even do a bit of food shopping later in the afternoon. 

Time is flying by, and there seems like so much still to do before Pogo and I go on vacation.  I am making small dents in the "to do" list.  The important word here is "small."  Somehow, the list seems to grow when I am not looking at it.  How does this happen? 

I'm busy all day long, doing only God knows what, and then in the evening I sit in my chair and try to put a few more rows on the medium rose afghan.  The crocheting goes a bit slower than usual because my little guy would prefer I give all my attention to just him.  Here's a view of my lap (photo taken with my cell phone).


No, I'm not complaining.  I love having Pogo on my lap.  Being loved and needed is super comforting.  There's no hurry to get the crocheting done.  Having my little guy feel loved and safe is so much more important. 

Today Pogo is super happy because it is warm enough to keep the door open.  I put a large plushy blanket on the floor in front of the door for Pogo to sit on, just in case a draft tries to sneak in.  Right now, Pogo is barking loudly.  Be right back.......

An order just got delivered express.  A large box of 264 newborn diapers.  Obviously, this is for the new great grandbaby who is due shortly.  Unfortunately, I won't be here when the new little one makes her entrance into the world.  But "Grandma" Deanne has promised to take lots of photos and will send some to me.

They are showing some gorgeous sunrise photos on the Weather Channel.  Sad to say, I don't get to see many of these around here.  We probably have them, but my view is blocked.  I took this photo of the sunset a couple of nights ago while sitting in my lounge chair by the open door.  Unless I drive down the street a ways, this is the extent of my view.


As you can see, my view is limited.  But the colors in the sky that evening were simply gorgeous.  It was almost as if a paint box had spilled. There were purples, blues, yellows, oranges, pinks and corals.  If I lived on a pond, just think of the view I would have had.  Sighhhhhhhhhh!   I can dream, can't I?

I think I'll take my leave on that note.  It's time to start doing a few things around here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Debby said...

Your lap looks like mine with a bigger dog added into the mix. Sometimes there is hardly room for me. But it is all good like you said.
I am excited about your trip south. You will have great views there for sure.
That's a lot of diapers. Hugs

smiekeltje said...

When you have little time left before going on holiday, it always seems that the to do list grows instead of getting shorter LOL!
Good you have some rather nice weather at the moment, makes it easier to go out if necessary.
Oops. I see a very dark greyish sky appearing, looking out of my fron window. Well, they said we could have some showers today, even with some wet snow or hail! Brrr, Hope the clouds filled with it forget to pass my area hahaha.
went to the market yesterday, and I think can stay in today. we'll see how the day will unfold.
Have a fruitfull and happy day.
Hug
Kyra