Friday, February 26, 2016

So Much To Do, So Little Time

February 26, 2016

Good morning.  Today is sunny and much cooler than yesterday.  Still it's not bad.  The temp now is 33F degrees, and will rise to around 40F later today. 

Folks, I just realized that I did not post a quick page freebie this week.  I've been busy, and just forgot about it.  However, I'll post again tomorrow and have a QP for you.  Sunday morning will be quite busy as we'll be leaving for the airport so I may not get to post on Sunday.  We'll see.

My friend Beth sent me a Memory scrap layout.  This is beautiful Beth, thank you so much.  I've sent a copy of it on to the rest of the family so that they can enjoy it too.


I haven't posted any new photos of Pogo lately because he has become quite camera shy.  I took these photos of him with my phone shortly after we got home from the groomer several days ago.  As you can see, he is not very happy with me about taking his photo. 


And here he is checking out the phone when he thinks the camera is off.  I'm hoping to get some more nice photos of him while we're in Florida.


Last night, I slept the whole night through.  Pogo did too.  He was snuggled on my left hip all night.  And we slept till almost 9 a.m. this morning.  He does tend to hog the blanket though.  I usually end up reaching for my bathrobe (or another blanket if it is handy) to cover the rest of me.  No complaints though.  The soft sounds of Pogo snoring is very soothing.

I have another photo to share.  While I was out in the yard a couple of days ago, I took some photos of all my little green sprouts that are coming up through the winter debris.  I'll wait a couple more weeks before cleaning out any of the dead leaves, etc.  Right now, the ground is still too cold to uncover the plants.


I just hope that when Pogo and I return from our vacation, all my plants will still be okay.  Last year's winter weather raised quite a bit of havoc on my plants.  Maybe this year will be better?

Today and tomorrow will be very busy here.  There is so much still to do before we leave on Sunday.  I have a stack of Pogo's blankets on the washer waiting to be put in and washed.  I need to wash one more load of my clothes, then finish packing my suitcase.  Saturday morning, I'll print out our boarding passes. 

I still have to pack my purse/carryon tote.  This would be such an easy chore if I could pack my laptop or camera in my suitcase, but I don't pack anything valuable in the suitcase.  In the past, I've had a couple of small things removed from my suitcase.  Nothing valuable, but the thought of someone going through my things and taking anything just does not set very well with me.  I cannot carry both a purse and a carry on, so this year I have tried to downsize everything so that it will all fit in my purse/tote.

Now it is time for me to get started on things around here.  It will be afternoon before you know it.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all be safe and have a beautiful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Edna,

I am so glad that you liked the scrap page and that you shared it.

I wonder why, like Cisco that they have become camera shy? Silly boys. I wanted to comment a little more but Cisco needs me to take him out and I think that I need to lay down for a bit. I have developed a headache. Slightly unusual for me.

Hopefully I will be able to get back online after a bit... Hugs and Cisco says to tell Pogo that he is a lucky boy to get to go to Florida!.... a dream vacation for the both of you.... Hugs, Beth and Cisco.

Annesphamily said...

It will be wonderful to visit Florida and enjoy some warmer weather. Pogo is such a cutie, I am surprised he is so camera shy. Oh well, handsome as he is, he may be tired of the paparazzi at home. My niece use to take so many photos of her two children they would automatically look up and smile when they saw a camera. LOL! Stay warm and enjoy your weekend my friend.

smiekeltje said...

Hmmm, I wonder why Pogo suddenly is so shy concerning a photo taken? You will just have to sneak up on him to get a good one, I guess LOL.
Yes, the last moments before going on holiday always are busy. Hope you can fit in the most valuable things in the tote and that it wil not be too heavuy to carry.
Great you had a really good night sleep! That should make you feel already better.
Take care and first settle in Florida nicely and then you can post something okay?
Hug
Kyra