Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Busy Getting Things In Order Before It's Time For Vacation

February 10, 2016

Good morning.  It wasn't doing anything when I looked out my window earlier, so I'm hoping that all the snow is gone for now.  We'll see.  Every time Joe goes out and cleans off my car, we seem to get just enough more snow to cover it again.  Right now, there's a new thin white layer on my car. 

There's not a lot of news here lately.  My days seem to be revolving around getting all the tax stuff done.  Yesterday, I finished totaling all my columns - I hope.  Now I can take out the forms that the accountant sent to me and try to figure out what goes where.  Really!  I still think he should share his fee with me.  I'm doing all the work.

On a bright note, my Volume One B blog book came in the mail yesterday.  I must say that I'm very pleased with it. 



Today I'll give a Wayne a call to make sure he doesn't forget to put me on his schedule soon.  I only have two weeks left to get everything done before it's time to leave for Florida.  I haven't found a new suitcase that I like, so I may take the one I have, and look for a new one at the flea market when I'm in Florida. 

Oh groan, groan, groan.  The weather man is saying that we have more snow coming this afternoon.  This weekend, the nights are going to be wicked coooold!!  At least -9 for Saturday night, and -2 for Sunday night.  Pogo will definitely not be getting a hair cut this week.  When I finish this post, I'll call his groomer to re-schedule his appointment. 

Well, there's lots to do so I'll take my leave now.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Debby said...

Don't over do while getting ready. It is always nice hearing you plan your trip south to warm weather. We didn't think winter would ever come here this year but it has arrived. Stay warm.

The Queen Jester said...

I bet you'll be glad to get outta Dodge and away from the snow!

smiekeltje said...

What a wonderful thought to hang on to: just 2 more weeks and you;ll be in Florida!
Hoping the weather will be warm and sunny, of course.
Your accountant earns his money quite easily, it seems LOL. Perhaps you could talk to him to get a discount on his fee???
Get that tax stuff done and away and I am sure you wil feel a lot better.
Gosh, more snow and cold and frost? Here too it seems the next few nights will be colder, perhaps here at sea just around 0 or -1C. Not too bad but I would like it a bit warmer. Oh well, still not to complain too much, and hope for no sudden winter weather(March can be very tricky here).
Now I must wake up Jan, so he will be on time for his check up in hospital.
Have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra