Friday, June 5, 2015

Wow! Human Day #3. I Think I Just Might Finally Make It!!

June 5, 2015

Good morning.  "Human Day" number three!!!  I got all comfy in my lounge chair last evening to watch some TV, and fell asleep.  Around two thirty a.m. I woke up.  Well, that was refreshing!   Seeing as how I was wide awake, I decided to crochet for a while on the Paddy Green lapghan.  

Yesterday was a lovely day, and Pogo and I took advantage of the nice weather.  We went to the Post Office to mail off a couple of boxes, and then stopped by the bank.  The bills got to be paid no matter how you feel.  On the way home, we stopped by McDonalds for our regular order, a double hamburger plain for Pogo, and an ice coffee for me.   It was a nice little outing for both of us. 

When we got home, Pogo and I took a walk around the yard to see which plants might be blooming.  Oh my, some of them are just gorgeous.  I took quite a few photos with my phone, and I'll be sharing them here once I have cropped them. 

Today I have photos of my Rhododendrons.  These blooms don't last very long, but they surely are beautiful.  This first photo is the white bush, which is just starting to blossom.


And this is the rosy lavender bush, along with a close-up shot of one of the blooms.   Next year, I would like to find an orange azalea bush to  compliment these bushes.   One of my neighbors has one, and it is simply gorgeous.



I'll have more photos for you on Sunday's post.  Later this afternoon, after Joe gets home from work, we are going food shopping.  Today we will shop at Market Basket for some of the items that we cannot get at Walmart.  I, for one, need to get another big bag of peanuts for my birds and small critters.  So far, I can only find these at Market Basket.

I also have to look for another squirrel feeder.  We used to have one hanging on one of the trees, but I guess all that snow we had ate the feeder.  We have not found it anywhere.  I think when we get a new feeder, we'll nail it to the tree trunk. 

It's early yet, only 6:50 a.m., and it's 50F degrees, working towards 71F degrees.  Today will be a combination of sunny and cloudy, with some rain expected later today.   I can see some branches flapping around a bit outside my window, so I guess we'll have a breeze too.

This morning, I had a cup of coffee and a peanut butter sandwich.  The peanut butter tasted super, but the coffee isn't tasting like it used to.  Don't get me wrong, it tasted okay, just not the way I remember it tasting.  So, I think I'll make me another cup, and try again.  With all the meds I've been taking lately, a lot of things don't taste the same anymore.

If this "human day" continues, I think I'll give the vacuum cleaner a run about the house tomorrow.  I'm trying not to over-do, but there is so much in need of work around here.  I'll be busy till next Winter trying to catch up on any of it.  In between crocheting, that is. 

 Well, I think I've about gabbed your ears off, so I'll take my leave here.  Y'all be safe and have a wonderful weekend. 

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Hi Edna! If you have a moment go here: athomewithjemma.blogspot.com/ and read Jemma's lovely tribute to women everywhere. I just had to share with you.

I am hoping you and Pogo have a wonderful day and you start getting well. I know once the warmer weather hits you will be 100 percent again!

This rainy weather and all these storms are wrecking havoc with me and my sinuses! But I keep prodding along.

Hugs to you and have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs, Anne

Unknown said...

Hi Edna,
Your pictures are gorgeous as always. I think that the orange azalea would be gorgeous with it. I use to do a lot of companion planting. I had 2 really awesome books that went into detail about how you could plant garlic with roses and the garlic would make the roses thrive and so on. So I did a lot of companion gardening. The garlic also helped deter aphids as well.
My morning has gotten off to a unhappy beat for 2 days in a row. I may just have to cut my phone off at night so that I can sleep in the mornings. I am getting a lot of calls for vacation packages and a really annoying recording on a cruise package and stuff like that. This morning it was Physical Therapy telling me that they have to reschedule my appointment. I took the opportunity to tell them that I wouldn't be using their facility because I changed my appointment and I was glad that she called because I had forgot to call them, so that one is taken care of.

Imagine my surprise this morning when I went to make my coffee and discovered that I am out. I found an empty folgers coffee can in the pantry. I am not sure how it got there but I didn't buy coffee the other day because I thought that I had another can. But no it was empty and I am out.
I am so sorry that your coffee is tasting off. Medicine will do that. It might help to change brands just to see if that might help.

I was up early this morning and went to sit on the porch to talk to Nathan before he left for work and it was so muggy and humid out there that I didn't stay out long. It says it is 63 here this morning but it sure feels a lot warmer than that out side.

I am struggling to keep my eyes open so I think that I am going to go and lay back down for a while. Have a wonderful day, Beth

The Queen Jester said...

Good to see you are starting to feel better again - just in time to enjoy the sights and sounds of summer. You have a great weekend, my friend.