Monday, June 8, 2015

Normalcy Is Returning, Slowly But Surely

June 8, 2015

Good morning.  I'm starting a bit later this morning than I have been lately.  But that's okay.  It might just mean that my sleeping habits are trying to get back into a normal routine.  Hmmm, I wonder what normal is anymore? 

Last evening, I got comfy in my lounge chair, picked up my crocheting, and got ready to enjoy some TV.  Well, that was the plan.  I woke up a little after midnight.  So much for plans.  haha.  Unfortunately, I woke up hungry.  This part is not so good.  I don't really want to gain back the three pounds that I was able to lose.  So I treated myself to a bottle of water and some cottage cheese.  After my snack and doing a bit of crocheting, I was able to go back to sleep for the rest of the night. 

As promised, I have a photo of the two latest lapghans, the Paddy Green one and the Buff one.  I used a color called Mexicana for the accent color. 


Yesterday was a gorgeous day, and Pogo and I took a ride to daughter Deanne's house for a nice visit with everyone and to give Kevin his graduation gift.  Pogo, of course, was in seventh heaven because he got to spend some play time with their little doggie, Sassy. 

While I was there, I got a couple more photos to share from Kevin's senior prom and his graduation.   This first photo shows Kevin (second from left) and his girlfriend, and a couple of their friends.  Gosh, they all look so grown up and beautiful!!


This next photo shows Kevin, with his proud Mom and Dad, right after the graduation ceremony.  This was such a wjonderfully exciting day for everyone.


Things are quieting down again now.  The kids will be planning a big combination graduation/birthday party next month for Kevin; and, daughter Deanne will be having a birthday coming up soon too.  (just a few weeks)   It looks like it's going to be a fun, busy summer.

Today I think I'll put in another load of laundry.  While that is washing, maybe I'll try to extricate a few of these dust bunnies.  I didn't mind them setting up housekeeping on the TV console.  But last evening, I found one of them trying to set up camp on my lounge chair, and this just will not do!!  I have a hand-held vacuum, and I think I'll give it a workout today.

The Buff colored lapghan that I was working on is almost finished, just about eleven more rows.  So today I'll be picking out another new color to work with.  I'm thinking maybe a yellow or a red.  Hmmm, such decisions!

Well, that's about all the news for today.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

You have the most beautiful family. Isn't it amazing how fast they go from being toddlers with sticky mouths to grown ups?

Debby said...

Fun times. Great family photos.

Stacey said...

thanks for sharing the pictures! how proud you must be! I read about the rumba thing my sister's best friend has one and loves it. you should look into. it's gotten better since they first came out. she has twin toddlers and a 6 year old, so never enough time in the day. so it comes in handy one less chore to do.

smiekeltje said...

Couple of great parties ahead, and go there if you feel up to it. Makes a nice change!
You are right saying the kids look already soooo grown up. Must say, kevin is a real handsome looking guy!
Good you have more sleep again, and appetite is coming back. It's indeed about time to make a plan for attacking the dust bunnies, before they take all house in posession hahahaha. No, I know you are a rather tolerating, nice women, but the dust bunnies shuldn;t get to your lounge chair. That's just a whee bit too much liberty LOL!
Today I'll do some grocerie shopping, don;t need all too much but it will be good to go out for a moment.
And perhaps I'll use the vacuum cleaner today too, not sure yet, ther thngs also have to be done. Oh my, what choises we have to make sometimes. (grin).
Anyway, you still take it rather easy, don;t do too much, and keep on the right track for complete recovery!
Hugs
Kyra