Thursday, January 31, 2013

I'll Huff And I'll Puff And I'll Blow Your House Down!

January 31, 2013

It's 6:55 a.m. and the wind has been howling and blowing away all night, and it's still going strong.   Pogo lost a bit of sleep over it.  The flag outside over my door has been flapping and banging against the house all through the night.  Poor Pogo didn't know whether to chase away the unseen intruder or stay close by to protect me.  Or maybe he was just trying to hide from the noises.

So far, none of our trees or branches has come down on us.  At the moment, it's really quite warm outside and still very windy.  The temp all through the night  has been 59 degrees F.  Later this morning, it will start it's downward drop till it reaches the low 30's.  That's quite a drop, almost thirty degrees.  Then it will be back to the cooler temps for several days. 

Yesterday I decided to get me a new hair cut.  So on my way home from doing my errands, I stopped by the salon and had a few inches of hair chopped off.  After that, I took Pogo to a new groomer, just not the one I had planned on going to.

 I found out that a very old friend (and groomer) had moved back to our area so we went to visit with her.  She took Pogo right away.  I picked him up a while later, and oh my, my little guy is just so handsome!  Here's a photo of him sitting on Janet's lap and wearing a new hoodie that she brought for him. 


Isn't he just the cutest?  His new groomer kept remarking about how well behaved Pogo was the whole time she was trimming his hair.  When we got home, he strutted around as though he was a big Doberman Pincer. 

I have another photo to share of the Monday morning sky.  I got so many wonderful shots of the sky that morning.  This one was taken shortly after daybreak.  The colors were just gorgeous.


Well that's my news for this morning.  I'm going back to bed to catch a few more winks before Janet comes.  We're hoping to finish up my taxes this morning.  Oh wow, wouldn't that be wonderful!  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

What a handsome Pogo with his new cut and hoodie! he is so darned cute! Good photo too!
What glorious photos of the sky, love all of them especially the one just after daybreak!
Got lots to do today, so short post, have a terrific day and chat more the next time! hugs, Mat

Debby said...

Oh Pogo, you are a handsome dude. The wind is blowing around here too.

Nani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nani said...

No picture of Edna’s new do? Well, okay, I got 6 or 7 inches cut off last week and haven’t posted a photo yet either. But I’m quick to post photos of the cats. :)

Pogo looks so spiffy with the grooming and his new hoodie.

We’ve had nasty wind here for a couple of days! Of course over last night we got a dusting of snow, lots of ice and the frigid temps back. Tonight, after dark but way before David was due home there was a loud thud. I was upstairs reading so I only kinda thought maybe it was the side door, but in a loud way or maybe in the neighbors’ driveway? Both cats came running upstairs and are spooked now so they jump at any noise. Good for Pogo to stay near you. The cats were fine yesterday, but now they think there’s something scary. You can comfort Pogo and maybe he won’t be as jumpy?

Right now I have a little more blog reading to catch up on and finally post the award you gave me! Thank goodness it wasn’t a punctuality award, huh?

So the post should be up tomorrow. And thanks again for the award!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Pogo looks really great! No wonder he strotted around very proud!
Hopefully the hard winds will lie down and change into sa soft breeze.
Not much to chatter about, so better I do the blogging now.
Have a great weekend, oh and get on with the taxes, if you finish today you will feel great!
Hug
Kyra

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Well, it finally got cold enough to bother Izzi ... it is 0 degrees with a wind chill of minus 20 this morning. Even the neighbor dogs didn't bother Izzi this morning because they were too cold.

Pogo needs some booties for his little feet if you take him out for potty in this weather. I assume he is probably using his indoor facility most of the time by now. What a handsome little boy he is. I love hoodies and they are perfect for him, especially after getting a hair cut.

You sky pictures the last two days have been awesome. I am a sky watcher like you. There are never two the same and each and every one is beautiful ... I especially like the clouds because they can be so interesting and I love looking for faces or animals in them ... usually find something too.

I am off to the shower ... going out for coffee with my friend McGuffy Ann. With being so busy over the past week, I haven't seen her, so we have some catching up to do. Good for you getting your taxes done. I haven't heard any moaning from my Hubby's office, so I am guessing he hasn't started ours yet. I never look forward to it ... it can be overwhelming even as a spectator. Well, anyway, I need to get going. Have a wonderful day, Edna, and stay warm. Hugs to Pogo from Izzi ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

Wait a minute....did you get a haircut or Pogo...or both?
Love his new little hoodie.
We found a public library with free wireless internet - oh happy days I can catch up again!