Friday, July 27, 2012

Maybe We'll Get Some Rain Today?

July 27, 2012

Good morning.  It's cloudy with spotty showers today,  and hopefully the temps will not be so hot and muggy.   I have a few different things to share today, but I'm at  work with limited time to spend on my laptop, so some things will have to wait until tomorrow.

Yesterday, I received a fabulous new award, but that is being saved for tomorrow when I shall have more time to share information.  I also received a request for information about having your blog printed into book form.  I do this at:  http://www.sharedbook.com.  You can have it bound with a soft or a hard cover, and you can have as many pages as you like. 

You can also order your book in PDF form.  There are many different cover styles to choose from, and prices depend on what you choose for your book.   I ordered my newest book, and a few days ago and it is already in the mail on it's way to me.

Last night, Eddie hooked my dehumidifier up with a new system that let's it drain itself through a hose leading outside.  So I finally got to leave it on through the night, and managed to get to sleep before 3 a.m.

My favorite TV program is back on the air with a new season, so I got to watch that last night.  I find Project Runway absolutely fascinating.  I  love the different design challenges, and last night's was quite interesting.  The designers had to fashion and make an outfit out of candy.  They were turned loose in a candy store, and were free to buy any candies they wanted to use for their design.  Some of the fashions were fabulous!

I'm slowly trying to make friends with my new smart phone.  So far, I can get reception at home, but not here at work yet.  Still, it's a start.  The doctor's office called back to tell me to stop taking the Bayer Aspirin for a while.  Sad to say, I had to explain once again to the nurse that I DO NOT take aspirin because it makes me bleed.  I'm only taking the meds the doctor prescribed.  They called back again to say that the bruising and hives were a side effect from the prednisone, and to continue to take it until it is gone.  Okey dokey.

Today, I have a pretty photo to share of one of my roses.  It's such a soft, beautiful pink.


Now I really must get back to work.  Mrs is calling.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Nani said...

Pretty rose!!

I've had that trouble with doctors records before too. I've had to stand there and request them to update my information on the computer while I'm there so I know they did it.

That's why they call what they do "practice!"

Have a wonderful and cooler, I hope, day, Edna!

Hugs, Nani

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Wow what a beautiful rose, it is simply perfectly shaped and formed and the color is breathtaking! hope you get the rain you need and finish the prednisone soon and all the bruising and itching is gone away! Have a terrific weekend! Gonna be a hot one here, so good excuse to stay inside in AC and watch the Olympics...LOL! Hugs!!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Prednisone is a double edged sword. If you need it, it is a wonderful drug, but the side effect (which are different for every patient) can be disastrous ... sorry you have to take it, but I agree you should finish it. Thanks for the info on the journal ... I will look into it. In the meantime I will sit and drool over your picture of your rose. Not matter how perfect the rose is, it is your picture that is extraordinary. Hoping you get your rain ... I am making the same wish here. This has been a really hard summer so far ... Be well, Edna.

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Prednison can be a good help but also is a terrible midicin. Well, let's hope it will soon do it's job and you can stop taking it.
The rose is adorable, beautiful color.
Have a great day, with a good nap, hopefully in silence??(Because of the dehumifier??)
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Beautiful photos, of course. It can be so frustrating dealing with doctors. I'm hoping to avoid them as much as possible while we travel.