Sunday, July 29, 2012

An Award And A New Friend

July 29, 2012

Good morning.  Well, the rains finally made it here.  Around 5 pm yesterday, a light sprinkle started, and by the time I was part way to work the heavens opened up and really poured down on us.  Sometime during the wee hours this morning, the rain let up.  

There is so much news to share today.  Let's start with the award given to me by Andrea at From The Sol.   I met Andrea through participation in the photo challenges, and have made a new friend.  Folks, if you love cat photos and good photography, you really should treat yourself to a visit to Andrea's blog.  She has a talent for capturing some awesome moments with her camera, and has inspired me to join in some of these new challenges. 


The rules for the award are: (1)  Post the rules.   (2) Name five of your most fabulous moments, either in real life or in the blogosphere.  (3)  Name five things you love.  (4)  Name five things you hate.  (5)  Pass the award on to five other bloggers (leave them a comment notifying them of the award.

Some of my most fabulous moments have been:  Earning and graduating with a Master's Degree in Education, the birth of each of my children, opening my ceramics store, marrying my late hubby in a gorgeous park, and the day Tootsie came into my life.  I could elaborate on all of these things, but the bottom line is that just about anything I ever dreamed of becoming or doing has all come to pass.  I have been very blessed, and I am so thankful.

Five things that I love -- If you read my blog, then you already know the answers to this.  I love Nature, Flora and Fauna, Reading, Being creative, and My family and friends.  I also want to say that I love blogging.  This blog has brought some very special people into my life.

Five things that I hate -- Hate is a very strong word.  I do not like to hate.  I try hard not to hate.  But I very much dislike  Dishonesty,  Indifference, Most creepy crawlies that bite and sting, (especially ticks)  The tragedies and bad things happening in the world today, and last but not least, Not So Honest politics.  (the honest stuff is okay.)

There are five blogs  that I read every morning while I enjoy a cup of coffee.  Andrea at From The Sol already has this award, so I shall pass it on to the other four bloggers.

Kyra at Russian Dutch Heart Designs
Nani at The Chronicles of Nani
Queen Jester at Life In A Canned Ham
Su at A Lady In Florida

These special ladies will keep you entertained with their fabulous humor and stories, and will keep your freebie design folder filled to brimming.  So grab a cup of coffee, and stop in for a visit with each of these wonderful folks.

Next bit of news is about my home visit yesterday from the pet adoption agency.   The lady called me to say that she would be coming by and would bring the dog with her so that I could meet him.   Needless to say, even the dwarfs were getting excited about the home visit. 

Well, what can I say?  The nice lady arrived with the teeniest little bundle in her arms.  I guess  I checked out okay, because a half an hour later she asked me if I would like to keep the little guy now.  Well, DUH!  Of course, I want to keep him!  Folks, meet my new teeny tiny little fur baby.  This is Pogo. (a teacup Yorkie)  All three pounds of him!   I took these photos of him in my yard.  Gosh, he almost gets lost in the grass!




All afternoon, Pogo was busy checking out every little nook and corner of my place.  Gosh, there was just so much to sniff and see.  This little guy is also a cuddler.   When he got tired of checking out the place, he climbed up on my lap to have a nap.  When I leaned back to close my eyes and catch a few winks, Pogo curled up on my chest, tucked next to my chin and fell asleep.

Last night, I brought Pogo to work with me.  The Mrs had never seen such a tiny bit of a dog, and fell in love with him.   This, of course, is good because it means that Pogo can come to work with me sometimes.   Later this morning, Pogo an I are going shopping at Petco to buy him a new harness (one that fits his tiny little body) and maybe a little shirt.

It's getting close to time for me to pack up and head on home.  Tomorrow I will have lots more news to share about my new friend Pogo.  Till then, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

OMG ... I love little Pogo already. I can't wait to see how your life with him evolves. Congratulations on your new Furbaby.

Loved your award post and fun getting to know you better. You were really a good choice and I will check out your four favorite morning blogs ... if you like them, I know they are good. Good for you that you finally got some rain. It sounds like a good rain to (by that I mean enough to help). I am guessing you won't want to be reading long blog comment today so I will stop here. Give little Pogo a friendly hug from all of my Furbabies and me, of course.

Andrea @ From The Sol

P.S. If you start the shadow meme, you will start seeing shadows everywhere. It is like opening the door to another dimension :)

aquascrap said...

Congratulations! Oh wow Pogo is just the cutest little dog. I know he will be so happy at his new home.

Look forward to hearing about his adventures as he and you get to know each other.

smiekeltje said...

I suppose you didn;t have time to let me know about the award. Don;t bother, LOL I read it in your post. Thanks for it. I'll Have to think hard to come up with the 5 things stuff.

OH< I LOVE POGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I already pointed him out to you when you showed some candidates, remember????
He is sooo cute, he has such a nice way of looking to you, kind of funny face. He can never replace Tootsie, but there is no need for. He will earn his own place, into your home and heart.
Here is wishing you a long and happy life with this great little doggie.
Welcome Pogo!!

Have a great day.
Hug
Kyra

Snowy said...

lol, what a little cutie! It's great that you have a new companion.I can see from your post how happy you are about Pogo.
Hugs Snowy

Anonymous said...

Pogo is a cutie who has found his "person" !! -- know he can never take Tootsies place, but it looks like he has already found in place in your heart (& in your lap) How old is he ?? Is he all through growing ?? I am soooooooo happy for you. . .Love, Donna

The Queen Jester said...

Mazel Tov! He is beautiful! Such a lucky dog to be in your arms. Thank you for the award, this is new to me and I will try to post it and carry it forward. I've already signed on to follow one of them and will look at the others soon. I've been gone for a few days and need to get caught up with reading the blog and then writing up my weekend adventures.