Friday, July 20, 2012

Another Yard Critter

July 20, 2012

Good morning.  I'm at work now, and boy oh boy is it ever noisy here!  There is a whole road crew outside tearing up the road.  They are in the process of resurfacing all the streets here.  It was so nice and cool when I got here, but I had to close the windows because of the noise, so now it is becoming quite warm. 

Yesterday when Eddie came by to check on the animal trap there was an animal in it.  However, it was not the fisher cat.  Instead, there was a possum all curled up inside the end of the trap.  And, a butterfly clinging to the outside of the cage.



The poor little possum was playing dead, but every now and then would blink an eye.  As soon as I took these photos, we opened the cage and let the possum go free.  Thank goodness, we do check this cage every day or this little guy may have perished.  We do have the cage in the shade, but it has been hot lately.  (except for today which is on in the low to mid 70's)

I'm going to be looking around for a new site that gives photography lessons that aren't too expensive.  Where I take them now, the lessons have been far and few since last January.  It gets to be a bit discouraging.  So if anyone has any suggestions, do let me know.

Today is such a comfy day for a change.  The temps are much cooler, and it's a bit on the cloudy side. The change in the temps feels really good.  Now if only those guys outside could be a bit more quiet, it would be a perfect day. 

The Mrs.  has just gotten up, so it's time for me to get busy here and start the breakfast.  If I can, I'll write more later, but in case I get too busy, this will be all for today.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

I'm glad the possum was okay. He looks so cute, even trapped! We used to feed raccoons and possums when I was in Michigan. Our suburban critters were comfortable enough with us that when the raccoon we called Robbie had her babies, she brought them all to our porch-diner when they were itty-bitties! Getting to watch the babies grow up was so neat! We always had plenty out for them, so the coons and possums didn't fight over it, but Robbie did make sure the possums knew her babies ate first.

It was downright chilly here this morning when we went out to see the steam train, but it's supposed to get back into the 90s for the weekend.

Have a wonderful day, now!

Hugs. Nani

The Queen Jester said...

They are such prehistoric looking creatures and are fascinating. So happy he was released and that you are a responsible trap watcher. Maybe the butterfly was trying to break him free?

Kelly said...

Although I don't have the love for the possum as much as I would a raccoon or a chipmunk, I'm really glad that it was ok. I love reading the anecdotes of your life that you share. Thank you!