Saturday, July 7, 2012

Are We Warm Enough?

July 7, 2012

My goodness, but it is warm everywhere!  The weather man says there may be a bit of relief by Monday with a small drop in the temperatures.  Actually, today some places are getting some badly needed rain.  Colorado, I hope you get a good share of the rain to put out the fires.

Yesterday when I got home from work, there was a message  from the VCA hospital.  Tootsie's ashes were ready for pick up.  I got back in my car, and headed out to bring my little girl home.  I was presented with a beautiful little wooden chest, which now sits next to Papa's photo on top of my little fireplace.


While I was at work, I noticed that some of the flowers near the Mrs' patio had been trampled.  One lone tiger lily was laying flat across the cement amidst some fallen branches and leaves.  But this one flower had a will to live and blossom.  I thought it was inspiring and quite beautiful.


That's it for today's news.  After my laundry is finished and put away, I'm hoping to go over to Deanne's house and do some exercises.  Funny, but I missed not doing them yesterday.  Hmmmm, I never thought I would hear myself say that.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Nani said...

That is a very inspiring lily. I need to think of it when I fall…I can still bloom!

I’m orry you’re having a tough time with the do shelters, but it’s a good thing if the dog is gone because it already fond a forever home! The last kitty we sponsored is still looking, but the shelter did place three cats today, even in the awful heat, people still came to adopt!

We hit the high for the day at 99. Darn if it’s gonna be that hot, break 100. :) It’s been flirting with 100 for a few days but we’re supposed to see that break in temps tomorrow that you’ll see Monday. The heat is just crazy, the weather has been just crazy all year.

Keep cool!
Hugs, Nani