Saturday, June 23, 2012

Looking For A Break In The Heat

June 23, 2012

Good morning.  It's a bit on the gray side here this morning,   Here's hoping that when the rain starts, we'll get more than the 57 drops that we got yesterday.  I understand that it was pouring just two towns over, but the downpour missed us.    No one is sleeping very well.  It's been so darn muggy and hot nights.   It's supposed to be a lot cooler today, around 79 or 80F, so that will be a bit of a blessing.

Yesterday morning at work, I took a photo through the window of the outdoor thermometer.  It wasn't even 8 o'clock yet.  Thank goodness the air conditioner was running.


Today will be a rather busy.  There is shopping to do, and I promised to take another of the dwarfs to the market.  In between, there is still laundry and of course a sink full of dishes.  I thought I might get out last night to do some night photography, but as soon as I was ready to go, the skies got darker and threatened to rain.  I changed my plans, and so did Mother Nature. 

Next week, I definitely want to get out at least one night so that I can finish up these last two photo class assignments.  My problem with these lessons is that I don't particularly want to be out on the streets alone at night with a lot of expensive photo equipment.  Most of the dwarfs are in bed nights by 8:30.  I'll have to see if Janet has a free night where she could go with me. 

There's really not much news this morning, so I'll get right to some photos of two of the roses that are blossoming in my garden. 



Now it's time to get dressed and get the shopping done.  Here's hoping that everyone's weather is a bit more comfortable today.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

The heat sounds awful. It's been warm here too and humid but not so unbearable as that. Thank goodness we have a nice shady site - of course the trade off there is the mosquitos. Oh well.

smiekeltje said...

Oh wow, that is really hot weather and when it's muggy too, it is not pleasant anymore. Crossing fingers you will have a bit of rain and that temps will go down somewhat.
Better not going out at night on your own. Good idea to take someone with you. Don;t you have a nice body builder living in your neighbourhood???
Take it slow, cool down and have a great day
Hugs
Kyra