Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'm Putting My Cape And Tight Suit Away

June 12, 2012

Tis another gorgeous morning here, and I want to enjoy as much of the outdoors as I can because I hear that we have a few days of rain on its way.

In a little while, Tootsie and I will be on our way to her beauty salon appointment.  Her favorite groomer has moved to a new town, so Eddie will be going with us to make sure we don't have a problem finding the shop. 

Gosh, I can't believe how un-gutsy this old gal has become.  I often wondered what happened to super heroes when they reached their golden (I use that term quite loosely) years.  Now I know.  They become very cautious old geezers and geezerettes. Where we once flew from tall building to tall building, we now walk slowly and carefully.

I think back to my younger years, and I'm amazed at the amount of energy that I had and all that I was able to accomplish.  Now, during the same twnety four hour days, I feel pretty good if I manage to take care of one little doggie, wash the dishes and the laundry, and play on the computer too.  Hmmm, I  guess that means that I'm not a geezerette quite yet.

Today, I have some photos to share that I took from our kitchen window a few days ago.  This is one of the female cardinals that frequents our "birdie diner".





Now it's time for me to get dressed and maybe rustle up a bit of breakfast for Tootsie and me before it's time to leave for her appointment.  I'm wishing this wonderful weather for all of you.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a marvelous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Awesome photos, so very clear and terrific. Hope the visit is a good one for Tootsie. Have a great day! Hugs!

The Queen Jester said...

Change is always scary, especially in these "golden years" but you keep on keeping on girl! It's all we can do.

smiekeltje said...

I think I know what you mean! Think I have a bit the same problem, don;t do too much all togethere in one day, not as I used too, and i don't like too much about changes LOL!
We'll have to keep up with that, accept it and try to work with it ROFL.
Have a great day
Hugs
Kyra