Friday, June 8, 2012

A Foggy Ride To Work

June 8, 2012

Good morning.  I'm at work, and there's no internet connection.  I had to go outside (no reception on my lovely phone) and call Virgin Mobil to add more time to my Broadband2Go account.  This was a bit tricky because the reception for my phone is pretty bad even outside.  However, I did manage to get some time added so that I can post my blog.

At the moment the Mrs is still asleep but she will be waking soon.  I have some photos to share so I'll be quick about it.  On the drive to work this morning, it was extremely foggy so I took a couple of photos.  This first one shows the visibility on the road.

Sorry folks, I'm not able to upload photos.  It's just using up all my minutes and not uploading anything.  I'll come back later this afternon to finish this post.

**********  I'm back again.  The folks next door came home so now the internet is back on.  I love my little broadband stick, but it's strength here is not good enough for uploading photos or opening websites that have lots of photos.

Back to this morning's photos.  Here is the one showing the fog on my way to work this morning.


I was a bit early so I swung by the pond not far from work to see if I could get photos of the fog lifting off the water.  It was still heavily fogged in, and this is what I got.


I also have another pretty weed photo from yesterday's walk in the park.  Just goes to show that you don't have to be spectacular to be beautiful.


Let me tell you about my strange TV problems this past week.  At first I just lost the sound on a couple of programs and some commercials.  Then I lost the sound on a lot of stations and a lot of commercials.  Losing the sound on the commercials did not really bother me so much.  Then a couple of nights ago, a voice started talking from the TV, explaining what was happening on the program.  This was kind of strange. 

Before I called the cable company yesterday, I thought I would play around with some of the buttons on the remote control.  If I messed it up, oh well.  I could get a new one.  Well for goodness sakes!!  The third button I pressed brought the sound and the missing programs back.  Somehow, the remote got set for the blind.  I must have hit a button last week and not even known it.  At the end of the day though, all is well again with the TV.

Mrs is having her breakfast at the moment, and will be calling for me soon.  So, until tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Hmmm. Hearing voices from the television are we? I've heard of people experiencing that, but they were on some heavy drugs at the time. Thanks for the chuckle and pretty photos.

aquascrap said...

The flowers on the weeds do look pretty. I remember years ago travelling through the country and there would be areas in paddocks where it was a mass of purple (salvation jane) or yellow (sour sobs)and it looked so pretty. Many farmers have now eradicated these weeds from their paddocks.