Saturday, June 2, 2012

Long Live The Queen

June 2, 2012

Good morning.  (Yes, I know it's almost noon!)  I'm watching the weather channel and it says that for today through next Saturday we will be having rain with temps of 56 -  71.  Today it's gray and wet, and 58 degrees working up to about 63. And, it's not just us either.  The weather is sort of crazy across the whole weather map. 

I'm also enjoying watching the news spots about Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee celebrations.  Can you imagine?  When I was young, I remember having a "no school" day so that we could watch the beautiful young Elizabeth's coronation on TV.  Today, I'm enjoying watching the news specials about her Diamond Jubilee.  I believe that 60 years as Queen of England makes her the second longest reigning monarch.  Queen Elizabeth, you are an amazing woman!  Congratulations, and enjoy your celebrations.

Yesterday after work, Tootsie and I went shopping at Best Buy for printer ink.  While we were there, I looked at all the cell phones and their plans.  There are so many different ones that it is mind boggling.  I also checked out the tablets.  I'm still trying to justify why I might need (want) one of these lovely gadgets.  I'll have to work on this one.

I brought home some printed materials to enhance my understanding of some of the new technology.  Imagine, if you will, an elderly darling such as myself drooling over pictures on paper.  (No, not naked old men - just tekkie toys!)  Even though these wonderful new gadgets usually drive me crazy, I am simply fascinated and want them all.

How about some butteerfly photos?  I took these a few days ago at work. The bees and the hummingbirds weren't cooperating with me that day, but this little guy sat for a few photos.



Now it's time to do a bit of laundry, and get some lunch for Tootsie and me.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

We too watch all the festivities around Queen Elizabeth's jubilee. Amazing!
Today will be a ship parade on the Thames with a 1000 ships! Should be a wonderful sight.
Weather here is too much less today and following days. Well, we can;t have it all LOL.
Have a great day
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

And here I thought today's blog as all about ME! What! There's another Queen.....what a minute!