Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's Time To Thaw The Turkey

November 22, 2011

Good morning.  The sun is shining, but it's still a bit brisk outside.  Somewheres around 35 degrees F, I think.  My turkey is in the refrigerator thawing.  This year, I bought a frozen one.  I plan to cook it up tomorrow because all the dwarfs have families to spend the day with.  If anyone should be left behind here, of course I will share my turkey and trimmings.

I'm not a turkey fan, however I do love turkey salad.  So I will be making a big bowl of turkey salad.  Oh, yummmmmmm!!!  Miss Tootsie will be happy because I will make up some individual bags of turkey to keep in the freezer for whenever she is in the mood for turkey.

I have caught me another cold, so I'm trying "Cold Eeze" lozenges to see if I can get rid of it as quickly as I caught it.  I am just not a happy camper when I have a cold.  Come to think of it, who is?

This weekend is crunch time for most of my holiday shopping.  Packages need to be in the mail by the first of the month to make sure of deliveries before Christmas.   I have only a few folks left to shop for, but oh my, this is where my imagination has to put forth it's best work. 

I have just called to have more fuel oil delivered.  Yuk!  Yuk!  These are not nice words around here.  I find it amazing how in the summer when you do not need heating oil that the prices go down, and in the winter the price goes up.  Somehow this doesn't seem fair.

This morning I have dug into my file of birdie photos to share a couple of favorites.  Here is a pretty little duck at play; and of course one of my favorite subjects, a gull coming in for a landing.



Today, I have one more assignment for my photo class to finish up for November.  I'm really learning a lot with these classes, so if you are looking for a photography class to join, check out Hummies World. 

Now it's time to put in a load of laundry, and rustle up some breakfast for Tootsie and me.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I ordered a fresh one to put on the grill. Now I just have to remember to pick it up.

Nani said...

I’m jealous of your sun, Edna! We had gray that became rain a couple hours ago. But rain is still better than snow!

Try some soup or orange juice for the cold. Vitamin C and keep warm is important. I’ve found chocolate helps too. No, really, it does! :) feel better, my friend!!

smiekeltje said...

Sorry to hear you catched another cold. Colds are very nasty, and yeah, you just don;t feel 100% and that works on the mood. LOL!
Get rid of it soon!
We had a rather good day here yesterday, with some sun, if that could stay so all winter long, wow, I would be happy.
Have a great day.
Hugs
Kyra