Saturday, November 19, 2011

Good Deeds Can Sometimes Backfire

November 19, 2011

It's a beautiful Saturday morning and unfortunately it's not starting off too good.  Actually, it's been great so far until my phone  rang.  My guardianship for Howie (former tenant) was supposed to be temporary until the court could appoint someone else to take over.  Well, that never happened, and I've been asking ever since the beginning to terminate my guardianship. 

I was never given conservatorship, so I have not been able to pay any of Howie's bills.  They are piling up, and I am not a happy camper.  Every other month I have to sign papers for something or other, but the court does not seem to come up with another guardian to take over.  I have to go back to court in December. and hopefully my guardianship for Howie will end. 

Folks, it's one thing to do something nice for someone in need, but be careful what you are getting into before you start.  Guardianship means that you make the person's decisions, and are responsible for their bills.  It does not give you access to their finances in order to pay their bills.  So get all the facts before getting into a situation like this.

On a brighter note, the mail lady brought me a large box yesterday.  It contained three beautiful handmade birthday gifts from my daughter, granddaughter and friend.  A lighthouse door stopper, a scarf, and a gorgeous pillow doll.  Thank you so much, they are just beautiful.  Audrey looked everywhere to buy me a "Kerri" doll, but could not find one so she made one for me.  Have a look here at my beautiful gifts.


That's it for this morning folks.  It's time to make some breakfast for Tootsie, and then get dressed to go out to the supermarket.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

What awesome gifts! I completely love the doll’s dress. It’s beautiful!

I’m so sort to hear about the stress with Howie’s guardianship. It seems that if you’re responsible for the bills, it should go hand in hand with access to pay them. I know I had to jump through many hoops to have my Grandma’s Social Security checks sent to me so I could pay her bills. Red tape is INSANE!

I hope things go your way in December!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Depressing news about Howie's guardianship! I supposed that you could acces his money to pay for the bills, but that seems not to be so. Must be very frustrating.!
Hope the court will come up with a solution, so that you don;t have to worry about it anymore.
What lovely gifts you received! Looks as is it take a lot of work!
Havea nice weekend
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

It's hard to get involved in another's life and manage things...and even harder to get out of it. I commend you for having helped and understand the need to step back a bit.