Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dancing Birds?

November 17, 2011

Good morning.  The sun is shining this morning, but we are excpecting rain sometime today.  Sad to say, it's a bit chilly this morning and I had to turn the heat back on.  I was so hoping that the warm weather would last a bit longer, but I've enjoyed it while we had it.

Tootsie and I have an errand to do this morning, and this afternoon she has a doctor appointment for a check up.  It's also time to pick up more meds for her.  I don't like to run out of them.  Maybe later this afternoon we'll have a chance to look for some new kitchen curtains.  There's nothing like new curtains to perk up a room. 

Last night, I was looking through my photos, and came across some great shots of the gulls at our local park.  Ever notice how graceful these beautiful birds are when they are flying?  They almost look like they are performing a ballet.




Actually this particular day, people had thrown crackers into the pond and all the birds were in a scurry to grab up some of the crackers.   This next gull looks menacing, but he is just very focused and zooming in on a cracker.  Aren't you glad you are not a cracker?


Now I must get busy here and put some clothes on.  That doesn't sound so good, does it.  I mean it's time to go from night clothes to day clothes.   Plus, I want to make some breakfast for myself and Tootsie. 

I'm looking out the window, and I see that the sun has already disappeared behind the clouds.  Maybe the rain will hold off until we get back home. Ok, that's all for this morning.  Till tomorrow,  Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

I love seagulls! I've been known from childhood and through my adult like to sit and feed them whenever I had a chance.

As far as the cold goes. I drove through snowflakes coming home from my Dad's in Michigan today. :( I'm NOT ready!!

Cuddle up with Tootsie and stay warm!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Always like to see birds in flight! Wouldn;t it be marvellous if we had the possibility to do the same? ROFL!
Gulls are fun to watch but they can be also very grumpy! And in town they are at times a pest, ripping up the garbage sacs ad making a mess!
Hope you can keep it dry when you are doing your errands.
Have fun.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I love the one of the gull coming in and looking angry - very fun. It looks like he's doing some kind of funky dance.