Sunday, January 30, 2011

Where Are We Supposed To Put The Snow?

January 30, 2011
*
Well, I was going to say how lovely and sunny it was here, but in the last half hour the sun has disappeared. The weatherman says we may have snow flurries later today. Now ain't that a surprise!!
*
I'm watching on the TV how everyone is having a problem finding places to put the snow. Some places are trucking it away to empty lots and creating mountains for the kids to slide on. Well, that's not what they had in mind, but children are very creative.
*
The huge mounds of snow along the streets and on the street corners is just amazing. This morning I stopped along the way to take a few photos. This first photo is at the end of a street near my home. I smudged the names on the street signs to give the neighbors privacy. As you can see, any more snow and we won't even be able to find our street signs. Some folks are traveling around on skis. No thanks, I'll stick to riding in my car.
*
I thought this next photo was a riot! It shows how one family had to dig into the frozen snow at the roadside to find their mail box so they could get mail delivery. I "pinked" out their address number for privacy. It also shows how dirty the snow piles alongthe streets are becoming. Not so pretty any more.
*
Last, but not least, I thought I would show you a pretty frost covered tree. I have more "arty" frost pictures but I will save them for tomorrow.
*
Next Wednesday is Ground Hog Day, and we have another major storm expected Tuesday and Wednesday. Hmmmm! I wonder if the Ground Hog will see his shadow or just go back in his warm little hole and hibernate till Summer?
*
Well now I think I will drink my coffee, and play a bit with Tootsie. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Kyra said...

Oh goody, it's really becoming a problem, all that snow. Glad you stumbled upon a fantastic plower!
And rather good news about your family too, so a little ray of sunshine is there too.
All I can say is sit it out, all that snow, hoping it soon starts to melt away!
Have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra

Patti said...

Thank you for making my weekend such an enjoyable one! I have spent the weekend surfing the web and I found your website and had fun downloading some of your freebies. Thank you for the goodies that you have shared! I appreciate your generosity! Without your willingness to share your talents and your layouts, there would be very little external stimuli to make us stop, look and think and that process makes us more creative!

I have downloaded a lot of wonderful kits in the past few months and didn't really understand how important Thank Yous are so I’m trying to be sure to stop and take the time to post a thank you. Sometimes life gets in the way and you start a download and walk away and when you sit down, you start at the next step and don’t loop back around for that thank you to the artist that had shared so generously with you. I know that it happens a lot with me with dial-up. Sometimes those big files take FOREVER to download and then I forget what I was doing! That happens a lot lately…. ! :-)

A heartfelt Thank You for you!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Patti in Dallas, Texas, USA