Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's A White White Wonderland

January 12, 2011
*
Oh boy! Talk about lots of snow. At 5:30 this morning, it was looking pretty bleak outside. At 7:30 am, when Tootsie and I decided to get up, there was more than a foot of snow covering everything. And yup! It's still coming down, and it will for quite a few more hours.
*
The happy dandy weatherman is on TV telling us that there is more coming for next Tuesday. I'm wondering where we are going to put it all. And sadly, when it warms up enough for all this snow to melt, we will all have floods in our basements. Oh goody goody, that will be something to look forward to!!!
*
With all my squawking about the snow, I do realize how lucky we are so far. Neighboring towns are without power because of downed power lines. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that our lines stay put.
*
I have some new snow photos for you this morning. The first three photos show what I woke up to at 7:30 am. The last photo shows one of the dwarfs (Joe) trying to clear the snow off my car. As you can see, there is already a huge pile of snow left over from the last storm. Fun, fun, fun.
*
Today is definitely not a traveling day. The airports are open, but there are no flights leaving. The trains are down because of downed trees and power lines on the rails. There are some buses and taxis depending on where you are and where you are going. It's definitely a good day to stay at home and let the plow drivers do their job.
*
It's time to make a new cup of coffee and give Tootsie her morning meds. She knows this too, she's hiding. Poor darling, she doesn't really like taking her meds, but for now, they are necessary. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a funtastic day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

I'm so glad you've posted since the last time I checked, before therapy! I must have been leaving a comment as you were posting!

Your hometown website says you have a parking ban and don't be on the roads unless you absolutely have to. You guys got what we did PLUS what Atlanta sent up! I hope your power stays on and you keep warm and dry!!


he snow is retty from inside though, isn't it? I still want to see the crocuses. :)

smiekeltje said...

Wow, you definately can say you are having snow fall!!!! Poor dear, hopefully it will not stay and come down for very long anymore. This is no fun anymore.
You are right to stay in if you can!
Cross fingers too for you that when it starts melting, it will melt slowly, so no floods will be in your basement!
If you need to go out by car for your work, please be careful, drive slowly, it looks tricky!
Still it's wonderful to look at from the window and have some great pictures.
Stay warm.
Hugs
Kyra