Thursday, January 27, 2011

The View From My Window

January 27, 2011
*
What can I say? This white stuff just loves us!! I looked out my window this morning, and there was another foot of new snow on everything. I am watching the weather channel on the TV and it shows the weather pattern for the next seven days. The only two days that do NOT show snow for us is Sunday and Monday. Well, now. That's just spiffy!!
*
Here's the view outside my window this morning. In the first photo, the large white blob is my car. I see a bit of shoveling in the future??
*















This next photo shows the tops of the hedge just outside my window. It is a bit protected from the weather because of a large awning over both windows.
*
















All this wonderful snow, and no birds! I'd rather have the birds. The other day, we had one lonely, hungry squirrel feasting on the birdseed that we spread on the ground. I know, they are rather pesky, but they get cold and hungry too.
*
For those of you who were not able to pick up Su's Parts 5 & 6 to "A Merry Berry New Year," I will post them here for you. She did manage to put up links, but they were not the right ones.
*
*
*
I tried to contact her, but had no luck. However, late yesterday her daughter sent me an email to let me know that Su has been ill, and has landed in the hospital. Oh dear! So join me please, and send good thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery to Su. Just click on her name if you would like to leave some thoughts on her blog.
*
Also in the hospital today is my son. His surgery is scheduled for this morning. I'm praying that everything goes well for him. I love you son.
*
It's a good thing that I had the meeting at the nursing home yesterday, because I would not have been able to get out today. At the meeting, there were a lot of papers to sign before Howie could be admitted. We worked our way through half of the paperwork, and I will go back in a few days to finish up the rest of the paperwork. I'm thinking (and hoping) that Howie can be happy in his new home.
*
How about a different kind of photo for a change from the snow? I've been playing with Black & White, and came up with this. For some reason, it seems to lose some of it's quality when I size it down to post here. Ah well, so I still have lots to learn here!!
*
Now I think I need to get dressed and see what kind of mischief I can get into for today. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [28 Jan 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Chris said...

Hi Miss Edna,
Thank You for telling us about Su's Health, I went over and posted a message on her blog.
I hope Your Son's surgery went well yesterday.
I Love Your black and White Photo it seems detailed to me, but, I didn't see the original.
Best Wishes,
Chris
P.s I know squirels can be a pest, but I love to watch them they are so acrobatic and chase around my mothers garden!