Friday, October 22, 2010

A Good Night For Moo

October 22, 2010
*
Good morning. The sun is shining and even though it is quite cool out at the moment, it's really quite nice. The trees are wearing a lot more autumn colors now that the weather is cooling. I am at work so this may be a short post.
*
Last night was a better night for Moo. His hospice social worker stopped by yesterday for a visit and to see if they could help more. I asked about a hospital bed for Moo, and it was ordered immediately. Talk about quick! We only had about 15 minutes last night to take Moo's bed out of his room and put it somewhere to make way for the new bed that was being delivered and set up. By 8 pm, Moo was all tucked in nice and comfy in his new bed.
*
I gave him his last batch of meds around 10:45, and he was able to sleep through most of the night without so much pain. Even Tootsie and I managed to get a bit of sleep. Dee Dee fixed my monitor so that the sound was working better. What a relief to see my brother a lot more comfortable. Right now, he is basically on comfort care, and so far everyone has been so very good about helping me to care for him.
*
This morning, my daughter in law, Janet, is with Moo and Tootsie. This afternoon, Eddie and Dee Dee will be there till I get home. All the dwarfs have been helping out wherever they can too. We have a great bunch of guys, and I am very thankful for that.
*
I have a couple of pretty photos of the foliage to share with you. This is how it is looking here in New England. Pretty! Pretty! Pretty!
*


The Mrs. will be waking soon, so I need to start preparing her breakfast. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Snowy said...

Wow, those colours of the trees are beautiful! Good to hear he is more comfortable, certainly a better and quicker service than over here with the bed.Great that everybody is helping out as well.Don't work too hard ,lol
Hugs Snowy

Cheryl said...

Beautiful fall photos! I'm sorry to read someone you love is not doing well.

smiekeltje said...

So happy to know that Moo is more comfortable now and that he had a rather "good"night. Glad you have some people around to help you.
The colours of trees are fabulous!
Hugs
Kyra