Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Robins Galore

September 15, 2010
*
Good afternoon! It's a gorgeous day today, and Miss Tootsie and I just got back a little ago from her check up with her Neurosurgeon. The prednisone is starting to cause her some problems so we will start to wean her off it starting today. Hopefully, she will still be able to walk. Otherwise, the doctor will have to increase her chemo treatments.

For her skin and allergy problems, she has some new medicine to put on her skin, and some gel capsules full of vitamins and medicine. Now I just have to figure out to get those gel caps into her. Can't put it on her food, because she is a picky eater and doesn't always eat her food. I'll figure something out.

Yesterday, I promised you a photo showing how far away that tree was that the birds always like to sit on. I cropped the photo a bit so it would fit here. I took these photos from way across the other side of the street. The trees are the bare ones in the middle and upper left background.
*

Here a couple of closeups of the bare tree branches on the left. These are all Robins in this tree, and in the second photo, you can see the color on the Robins breasts.
*


And here are a couple of closeups of the Robins digging for worms in the backyard. I must say, I have never seen so many Robins in the yard all at once. There were dozens!! Note, in the second photo, our Robin already has her worm in her mouth. Yummy!!
*
I'm sorry the colors and details aren't as good as I would like, but I took these photos through a window. Sometimes. the dirt and sun glare on the outside of the window doesn't always cooperate with my attempts.
*
I have more cute photos for you but I'll save them for tomorrow. Right now, I can hear sounds of an electric saw and voices outside my door. Eddie must be out there with Moo putting in the new window in the shed. Oh boy, I see more photos coming soon!!
*
Well, I have to get busy here. The day is more than half over and I still have lots to do. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: