Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Visitor At 4:15 This Morning

April 13, 2010

Br-r-r-r-r!! I must be coming down with a cold, because I froze all night, and I'm still cold today. I have finished putting a pretty pink hooded sweatshirt on Tootsie. Poor darling, when I am cold, she needs to dress warm. It's time to put the heat back on for a few days.

Well, this morning I have been trying to learn how to make a blinkie, and I'm realizing it's not as quick and easy as it looks. For such a little thing, there's bit of work to it. After spending about 30 minutes on it, I've decided to have a non-blinking blinkie for now. Later, I shall try to make it blink.

This morning, Moo was awakened by noises on the front porch. He got out of bed and went to the door to see who was making such a racket. (Sounds like I'm reciting "The Night Before Christmas.") Oh Wow!!! There was this gigantic monster raiding the metal garbage barrels. Well - not so gigantic. Not even a monster. But it WAS a huge raccoon, and seeing Moo in the doorway did not phase it in the least. It had found a bag of chicken and was enjoying it's newly found feast!!!

About a half hour later, one of the dwarfs wanted to leave for work, but he could not get by this enormous raccoon. Eventually Moo was able to get the raccoon to leave the porch and move to the other side of the yard. Then he told the dwarf to RUN RUN RUN!!!!! And he did!!! We use covered aluminum barrels for the garbage, but now we shall have to put cement blocks on top of the covers to keep the morning raiders out.

Today, I have a couple of photos to share that I took with my newest toy, the rental lens. Remember the other day I posted a photo of the new buds on my Japanese Red Maple tree? Well, they change very quickly, and this is what they look like just a couple of days later. They are really very pretty.






























Before I leave you, I will also post the Day 13 download, and your link. Time for me to start some laundry now. Tootsie has made sure that I have several scatter rugs to wash. Sigh...She's such a sweetie that kid!!!!! Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*

5 comments:

Angel's Imaginations said...

The link isn't working, hon.

We used to have to put a tire with wheel on top of our trash cans to keep the raccoons out! We finally got a live trap to trap them, and released them far out of town. lol
Your photos are gorgeous!
Stay warm over there. :)

smiekeltje said...

Thanks for your little prayer. latest news on Heidi was, that operation went rather well. Still they have to clean up the aera of the vain for more blood parts, probably tomorrow. But she's having now the new Port-a-Cath and till now it's working. So one infuse less in her arm.

Oh what a good story about the racoon!! I can see it happen all closing my eyes LOL!!!
Put the heat on quickly, days are still a bit too cold without it and we don;t want to have you sitting there with a bad cold!!!
Hugs
Kyra

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

Snowy said...

Lol- I was so laughing about the racoon story ! Shame you didn't take photos -specially of the running dwarfs s well, ha ha hah !(there's me wondering if Erik was out as well-or did he sleep through it ?) I have to admit, the only time I've seen a racoon was in Zoo. I'm so in awe about the wildlife you have over there. I hope you will feel better again, the temperature has dropped again here as well. Hugs Snowy

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Apr. 14, 2010. Thanks again.