Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Great Day To Sleep Late

April 20, 2010
Gosh, it's so late this morning, but I just did not want to get out of bed . Poor Tootsie, she kept letting me know that it was time to get up but I kept ignoring her. This was my first whole weekend back to work, and I guess the lack of sleep was a shock for my body. Because it's so late, I won't chat very long.

At my doctor appointment yesterday, I learned that what I have is Gouty Arthritis. So I guess that is better than Gout, although it hurts just as much. I never heard of it before. After I got home, I got Tootsie and my camera and the rental lens and we went to the park.

Much as I love the new lens, it is just a bit too heavy for me to carry around, and therefore it wouldn't be used enough to justify buying it. I did try it out for a while, but there wasn't much room to set up a tripod. There were lots of people there with their children and dogs. I finally put my 70-300 mm lens on, and was able to get some photos.

The weather was just gorgeous, and we stayed at the park for at least a couple of hours. On the way home, we stopped at a Dairy Queen, and had ourselves a Hawaiian Blizzard. Mmmmmm!! What great way to finish off our outing.

I did get a couple of neat photos that I would like to share with you today. There is a small, but rather pretty, waterfall at the park. I have never had a chance to photograph one, so I gave it a try. The pictures are rather interesting, so I shall try it again another day.


And here is a close up.
It's almost time to make lunch for Tootsie and me, so I'll post your April Day 20 link and be off now. Y'all have a magnificent day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*
"April Day 20"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list